PDA

View Full Version : a challenge forume for beginers

Hoda Kamalian
03-13-2005, 09:16 PM
i think its not bad to exsist challenge forum for begginers here in cg talk.
in this site moste of members are veteran and they can challenge together as well as they can.
but its imposible for a beginer wnna challenge to such veteran members.
i think itwill be good to improve the ability of such members like me.
i bet that there is enough members that pleased with it .
(it may will be about modeling a simple things not very big project)

(i dont know really is it possible or not).
thanks .

huangchao
03-19-2005, 10:01 AM
This is really a professional site, but we'd be pleased to improve and grow here with the other friends in CG area.

Karthan
03-22-2005, 05:25 AM
I think this is an awsome idea, and being a amateur myself; I'd love to pit myself agaisnt other people- to grow my skills. As well, to tag onto my thoughts of this idea, when all the 'veterans' grow old and die with all their knowledge.. .. .. Who will be there to replace them? Yes! The younglings who were taught by them!

I like this idea.

mathew_er
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
this isnt a bad idea. on threedy.com (3dtotal's forum) is a speed modeling challange and it is (at least it was at the begining when i kept an eye on it) very succesfull and it was used a lot by begginers. ofcourse there is allways possiblity to open your own small challange and wait who will join.
the idea of cgchallange for beginers has few flaws ... it cant be with prizes cause more skilled users and some pros would join and take all of them. the reward for few best entries could be only a icon for you website http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/shrug.gif. and also how can you make a line between pros and noobs? what would be the criteria to filter noobs from pros? i consider myslelf as a noobie and i have 3 years of personal experience.
but this would be excelent way to give begginers a reason to quickly grow their skills.

jmBoekestein
03-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Why not find others like yourself and start mini-challenges!

I imagine the mods being quite busy as is allready! Go look around or do a search for mini challenges, they're quite fun!

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2005, 11:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.