PDA

View Full Version : Still: first post, space ship hall way

freddy7133d
09-22-2002, 04:20 AM
this is my first post here, but i'm a long time visiter of cg talk.
hope you like it!

it was a school project.
3d max 3.0.... 2 weeks
photoshop 5 for the textures

freddy7133d
09-22-2002, 09:07 PM
wow! no replys......

well guess its just that good hehehe........

:hmm:

Stonepilot
09-23-2002, 01:11 AM
Man, It just sucks when people don't reply. I dig it for the most part. I like the textures that you used on the ceiling. But the floor really bothers me. It seems that it stretching or is to low res. The lighting is pretty good. The tubes on the side maybe add a little variation in the color. You can probasbly paint something in photoshop and apply it to the transparency so that maybe ther's some dirt on some of the tubes. Just a suggestion. Also the bubles. Seem really uniform. Over all its a nice piece. But it just seems that if its not a character or a spaceship you won't get to many replies on here dude.

freddy7133d
09-23-2002, 01:30 AM
hey thanks man.... I think your right on the money with all thoughs suggestions..

thanks again.....:buttrock:

Najd
09-23-2002, 02:02 AM
Hey, this looks just like some painting to me, it's cool.
But The bubbles are weird to me...
wathever, it's cool, maybe a more dramatic angle, contrast or a character would make it more interesting (well... it's an empty hall way :shrug: )

robot9000
09-23-2002, 04:54 AM
Your image makes me feel like Analog magazine!
I would like to see more variation on the particle
action in the tubes...otherwise, I am totally down with your work!
peace and keep the good work going!
robot9000

:airguitar

say-g
09-23-2002, 11:58 AM
cryolab maybe, dont know about starship tho.

Project813
09-23-2002, 12:21 PM
thats exactly what I Was thinking....Im almost expecting to see embryos or small creatures growing in there....NOt too shabby tho.

freddy7133d
09-23-2002, 07:22 PM
thanks guys for all your comments and suggestions...

the embryos in the tubes thing sounds cool, I guess it still needs something to make it a wee bet more intresting....

thanks again for your critiques:buttrock:

glad I could make you feel like an Analog magazine(?),robot9000
:thumbsup:

slaughters
09-23-2002, 07:44 PM
The bubbles look too large unless the fluid is extermely thick. If it were that thick though I would expect it to create foam at the top.

The scene as it is right now resembles a background waiting for something interesting to be added to it.

You might want to make the corridor a little more interresting. I think it needs to have something placed in it. It is a large part of the image, yet it looks empty. You need to ask yourself, "Why would a starship or lab need a corridor this wide ?", could it need to accomodate a floating operating table ? Robot Cleaners ? Mobile life support systems ? Choose something that seems interesting to you and add it to the scene.

phoenix
09-29-2002, 04:33 PM
very artistic brother ............

Frank Dodd
09-29-2002, 06:57 PM
Very nice looking image, I find it tough to get away with dark metals you have done it in a very stylish manner. Well done.

freddy7133d
09-30-2002, 02:27 AM
hey thanks Frank and phoenix for your nice comments.

oh yeah, slaughters thanks for your comments as well....
you have a good eye for detail......

piajartist
09-30-2002, 04:38 AM
i like it

freddy7133d
10-16-2002, 03:32 AM
hey, what do you think of the character?

this is an old image from school.....(art institute)

thanks piajartist..........:surprised :bounce:

say-g
10-16-2002, 12:14 PM
the bg of that last pic is very nice, if this is old then why isnt the original pic like that ?

the character is too cg, the textures somewhat, not too sure, maybe use subsurface scattering or lower the spec. not too sure cos i have never made a charater D: lookin good tho :thumbsup:

freddy7133d
10-16-2002, 06:46 PM
thanks........

yeah, your right about the textures. I need to redo them.:hmm:

and the reason I didnt put the character in the last picture is because I didn,t really like him all that much, I think because he looks kind of genaric, unoriginal.........

thanks for your 2 cent$ say-g...

leigh
10-16-2002, 08:05 PM
That character is seriously freaky :surprised

Pretty cool though :D

I think that perhaps you should make his skin look kinda gross and slimey though. Maybe also a bit translucent, with loads of icky veins just beneath the surface. Add some bump maps of skin pits, and veins and things like that - it will help to make him look a little less generic ;)

Also, he is too symmetrical - try pulling some of the face polys around on either side so that his face is not so perfect.

hamzabol
10-16-2002, 08:50 PM
character need work, place is very nice... lights, textures..:p

freddy7133d
10-17-2002, 04:24 PM
wow! thanks Leigh....:wip:

great suggestions!

I guess that character needs alot of work.......:wip:

thanks for your comments hamzabol.. :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.