PDA

View Full Version : spline conform to terrain

RazzBlade
03-13-2005, 02:14 AM
Hi, all

Was wondering if anyone could suggest how to get a spline to conform to the surface of a terrrian, I intend to use the spline as a path constraint for an object. (this is a very rough visualization I understand that the resulting animation will not be pretty heh)

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Naisa Evoli
03-13-2005, 06:52 AM
well..not sure what program you are useing, but in Maya, you can just select an isoparm and duplicate curve on surface under "Edit Curves" menu. Or do a make surface live, draw a cv curve on the surface then duplicate that, and that will be a custom path that forms to any object. Not sure if this helps, i'm sure other packages have a duplicate curve on surface option also, then you can use that as a motion path^^. good luck, hope this helps a little bit..

RazzBlade
03-13-2005, 06:58 AM
hmm, my bad I thought I posted in the max forum. heh

I drew my spline on the surface of new plane and applied a noise modifyer to them both, the spline followed close enough. it was just for quick hack visualization of a "tobogan" sled run.

CGTalk Moderation
03-13-2005, 06:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.