PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Desktop - Graphics card question

ace5600
12-19-2001, 02:58 AM
:(

I've been wanting to get a labtop recently, and now that alot of the them pack the power of a desktop, it's been on my mind.

Especially the Mac Powerbook g4. It's titanium, has a G4: 6++ mghz, a dvd-rom-cd-rw combo drive 47 gig hardrive, and is upgradeable to 1024 ram, plus i't's one inch thick and has a 15.2 inch display.

Sorry for the run off, anyway I was wondering which mobile grapics card I should go for. The nVidia Quadro 2 GO, or the MOBILITY™ FIRE GL™ 7800.

I plan to have Maya on it.

Thanks,

Chris

Chewey
12-19-2001, 12:32 PM
From what I've read of Mac Maya's performance on on the Mac desk tops, I wouldn't plan on having much luck (or joy) running Maya on a Mac laptop.
Running Maya on a intel laptop is likely a better experience but I wouldn't recommend it either.

ace5600
12-19-2001, 02:36 PM
Well I just want to have a labtop with me, to do basic work when I'm not home, but if I can have Maya in it as well, then why not.

Fat&ugly
12-21-2001, 09:39 AM
I would(am) wait to buy it until after the Apple keynote on the 7th, maybe new models will be revealed. I think a new ibook will come but I have no idea about the powerbook.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.