PDA

View Full Version : Artists for CnC Generals style RTS needed.

Korbi
03-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Hi,
my brother and me are currently developing a Real Time Strategy Game similiar to Command and Conquer Generals. Whereas we get our game code growing and the game getting more and more features our problem is that neither me nor my brother is good at creating 3d content. So we are looking for some people that are willing to participiate creating that game by creating models/textures/interfaces.

You can see some screenshots of the current game here (http://www.franzarchiv.de/Palaba/), but it doesn't look too good at the moment as we are using some simple meshes simulating CnC: Zero Hour buildings. I do NOT want to go with CnC stuff, we are just using it for trying out our code. We do not have a game setting nor do we have a name up to now so you will still be able to bring in your own ideas. We'd like to have it play in the present or future.

We are using the Ogre3d (http://www.ogre3d.org/) engine so DirectX 9 features are supportet and we should reach good fps even with higher resolution models. Big parts of the game code are nearly finished and due to a well designed object oriented structure it will be easy to implement most kinds of features. Currently we are finishing network code and improving pathfinding.

So if you'd like to take part in creating a RTS by creating modells, textures, interfaces or even write a story or create some unit concepts feel free to mail me Hackin(at)gmx.de.

Gísli
03-22-2005, 11:28 AM
I joined this project and it has alot of potential. The programing part is well under control but the grafik part needs more members.

If you think that you can help with this project please conntact us.
(Dont think that you are not good enough... you wont know unless you try)

This is a fun project and you will become a member who can have an oppinion about everything ... we are developing the story/races/units as we speak

We need:
Concept Artist.
Texture Artist.
(And Everything else offcourse but we are in Dire need of those :) )

If your Want to join plz send an Email to Hackin(at)gmx.de.

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2005, 11:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.