PDA

View Full Version : New Animation. Please Critique

MosaFacku
09-21-2002, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, I just finished this up and I'd like to hear what you guys think. The animation is at:

http://www.3dpirate.com/movies/weightTest.avi

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks!

jnglemeat
09-22-2002, 07:02 PM
i saw this one on your website maybe like a week ago , i like everything up to the end, i would like to have seen him struggle and pick it up eventually, also his lift looks like its comming from his shoulders, it should be comming from his hips, like his back should arch because hes trying to use his back for support, i like the test overall. good stuff ,keep us updated. i did a similar test a while ago, its in the middle of my "reel" www.tiki3d.com

MosaFacku
09-23-2002, 04:03 AM
thanks for the feedback. tried to download your reel but for some reason, it didn't play. i just got a static image of "10". i've got divx 5.0. u may wanna check that out.

jnglemeat
09-23-2002, 05:00 AM
hey, plays fine on mine bud, sorry for any inconviniences, i have an Mpeg on there :)

MosaFacku
09-23-2002, 08:41 AM
yeah, i know how that is. i got a person that couldn't look at my stuff in divx, but everyone else has been able to see it just fine. anyways, back to more important stuff, i downloaded your reel in mpeg, works fine. :buttrock: thanks for the suggestions man.

later

mo_pic
09-23-2002, 03:39 PM
Keep the feet on the ground steady
...and yes ... I would like to see the character lifting the weight.

keep it up! :buttrock:

MosaFacku
09-24-2002, 01:16 AM
yeah, the feet had been buggin me for a while. a friend gave me the suggestion of keying a constraint for the feet so they'd plant right, and after a little haggling with maya, i got it to work. so, now, the feet stay steady on the ground :buttrock:

Thanks.

Frinsklen
09-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Hi!,

good job! Just a couple of things:

Anticipating the weight is very important. One way you can show how heavy an object is, is by the way you prepare to pick it up, and I think you got the point very well.
But maybe this anticipation is too long, because once the character has shown us his muscles, we already know he's ready to pick up something big, and all the stuff he does with the hands after that, is unnecesary.

His hands should not reach the bar at the same time. That's just an opinion, of course.
And I don't like the way he lifts the weight at the end, because it doesn't look as heavy as you made us think it is. I dont think he should lift it that much.

Again, good job, I like it. Waiting for the updates.

And yes, I want him lifting the weight too... :thumbsup:

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.