PDA

View Full Version : is it possible to reverse the layer order?

CGOrange
03-11-2005, 11:46 PM
Hey,

lets say i have 100 layers
100 on top and 1 at the bottom... all in order.. but I want to flip them so that 1 is on top and 100 is on the bottom but it still retains its order... like is there a way to select all the layers and automatically flip them like that?

or do I have to manually stack re-order them?

thanks in advance

CGOrange
03-12-2005, 12:42 AM
just figured it out..

in case anyone wants to know..
all the layers were from a psd file so to reorder them I brought it to image ready and did a layer -> reverse.. then back to photoshop and with the nice layer order saved that psd and re-imported it into after effects..

Shinjipierre
03-12-2005, 02:32 PM
there's another way to do that... in after effects ^^

select the layers from the bottom to the top, CTRL + X (cut) and paste them (CTRL + V)

it'll change the order ;)

Tommi
03-12-2005, 03:28 PM
there's another way to do that... in after effects ^^

select the layers from the bottom to the top, CTRL + X (cut) and paste them (CTRL + V)

it'll change the order ;)

Rats... why does it do this? What if I wanted to preserve the order? :shrug:

CGOrange
03-12-2005, 04:09 PM
woah, nice.. thanks...

I havn't checked but maybe to preserve the order you select from top to bottom?

altered
03-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Rats... why does it do this? What if I wanted to preserve the order? :shrug:

do it twice :)

Shinjipierre
03-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Rats... why does it do this? What if I wanted to preserve the order?
if you want to preserve the order.... Don't do anything, nah ? :p

I think it does that because of the table of selections (often used in scripts).
let's say I have these layers :

[dog]
[cat]
[pig]

If I select from the top to the bottom, in the selected table it's gonna be something like that : [dog, cat, pig]
If I select from the bottom to the top it should be something like that : [pig, cat, dog]

Then, if you paste them, it just copies what's in that table, it doesn't remember the order of these layers...

I hope you've understood what I said ;).

By the way, one doesn't need to know that :p ust remember that selecting the layers ffrom the bottom to the top inverts the order of the layers ;)

Tommi
03-12-2005, 07:36 PM
nah you got me all :P (lol)

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2005, 07:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.