PDA

View Full Version : Walking on walls

retrokitsch
03-11-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm currently making a short test piece, I'm looking to transfer people from standing on a wall and walking onto ground. I have a bluescreen studio at my disposal, but no ropes cranes or devices to attach people to.

The only way at the moment I can think about getting around this is clever editing and turning the camera on its side.

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks

Papigiulio
04-02-2005, 09:20 AM
you have to deal with certain issues.

If you hang upside down, you must make sure that the peopel who see this film, wil lbe convinced that person is walking up a wall, e.g. hair hanging down, clothes hang breast height etc etc.

If thats really not possible then just let the person do a walk on bluescreen, capture that part and remove the blue in after effects and turn the layer upside down, that would be the easy part. But still not as realistic as the first option.

gl :)

retrokitsch
04-02-2005, 10:58 AM
cheers for the help, Ive actually come up with a sort of plan to help me out. Ive rested people on a horizontal surface. this lets the hair fall down etc. its all shot in a blue studio, with the horizontal surface being blue also...

Looks really cool, especially as I have flipped the video 90 degrees. ill try and post the test shot.

As for somebody being upside down, this is a major problem which I cant really figure out, I dont think it can be done on the cheap!
ciao

Papigiulio
04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
cheers for the help, Ive actually come up with a sort of plan to help me out. Ive rested people on a horizontal surface. this lets the hair fall down etc. its all shot in a blue studio, with the horizontal surface being blue also...

Looks really cool, especially as I have flipped the video 90 degrees. ill try and post the test shot.

As for somebody being upside down, this is a major problem which I cant really figure out, I dont think it can be done on the cheap!
ciao

Yeah please post a test shot or something, im really curious how it looks, cus i didnt really understand how you let their hair fall down on while they are standing on a horizontal surface.

retrokitsch
04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
i'm a spaz... Vertical surface!!! I'll post the test shot when I get a minute

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.