PDA

View Full Version : Small GBA/PC game on free time

rakmaya
03-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Hi guys,

Even though the heading says GBA, I haven't decided on the platform yet. We are currently focused on PC but plans to move to GBA is an option.

I have decided to put some time into a small project for GBA. Programmers and Artists are welcome. For programmers, it is prefered you have some knowledge about rendering and games and you will have to learn "Catapult" (http://www.nocturnal-central.com) OR Torque2D. Both very easy to learn.

We need one or two more artist to texture and model simple objects. Nothing complicated. There are some restrictions and procedures. I will explain those in depth if you are interested.

Project is nothing big. Just a simple one and would benefit people if they want to get some experience here. We will work on free time.

Artist can create the image in any way they want. They could use a 3D package and then render it out to be used as an image. So hand painting is not a necessary skill. 10 minutes a day would be more than enough contribution:) for an artist. Currently I am the only programmer and I can take this without an problem as I have worked on GBA before. Incoming programmers have to learn some stuffs.

The game is a mix of strategy / rpg / card theme. We are interested in making the first 2 or 3 levels of the game to start up a demo. If it works out correctly, we will go with more.

I know most people work and I do too. So we will be putting in only free time. So no pressure no pre-fixed time. We will start as a hobby and get more serious if things magnifies.

If you are interested, email at rakeshravindr@hotmail.com.

later,
Rakesh

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2005, 03:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.