PDA

View Full Version : Composeting

Gangstashers
03-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey guyes

I filmed myself yesterday

what i basicly whant to create is actuly.

The camera folows the bullet from a side vieuw then you see me reach out my hand and the bullet stops and i pick up the bullet and drop it.

Just like in the matrix 1.

Ok i modeld the bullet. but how do composite it into my clip with same angel and stuff.. andf lighting?

I use Cinema 4d R9, Adobe After Effects 6.0, and i Adobe Photoshop 7

Thx :)

Sheherryar

Shayder
03-11-2005, 02:28 PM
You would need to motion track the video footage of yorself first using some type of tracking software (BouJou, Matchmover, Syntheyes, etc.). Then take that data and import it into your 3d animation package and animate your bullet. Take the animated frames into After Effects and then composite the elements.

There is a whole process to go through with matchmoving I would suggest trying to find out how that works by searching the net for info.

Good luck with the project.

Tommi
03-12-2005, 11:13 AM
You could also try it the hard way by doing it manually in your 3D application. I'm not sure, what Cinema is capable of. But I think that you can import a lowres version of your video footage into Cinema as a "backdrop" behind the 3D scenery. Then try to animate the bullet(s) by hand matching the camera movements you can see in the background. That's the "poor man's" solution and quite a lot of work depending on the footage's length. But if it is done properly, it will be worth the effort.

Motion tracking software usually highly depend on visually outstanding markers which can be properly tracked. This can be edges of a house or clearly visible corners of a room. But the best way for preparing a footage for motion tracking is applying some markers at the walls, like crosses of a distinguishable color (there are color tapes which can be easily removed).

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2005, 11:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.