PDA

View Full Version : New Section: Programmers Looking for Job

rakmaya
03-11-2005, 05:06 AM
I really think there should be a section called "Programmers Looking for Job" in the Employement section. I know there are places that are really famous for Programmers but CgTalk is a place that everyone from Game-Industry to Film Industry comes to look in all areas nowadays. So that should help a lot of people (ok, some people).

JDex
03-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Thread suggestion... Make a poll (in this case edit the thread and add a poll)... also perhaps titling the thread something like "New Section:Programmers Looking for Job" rather than just "New forum section suggestion".

The first would be more likely to get the attention of programmers, and thus would likely generate more of a response from programers.

Just looking out, Cheers.

rakmaya
03-11-2005, 05:56 AM
Thanks, I changed it.

I don't think there are many programmers here as there are in game specific/platform specific forums. But since there is already a "Artists looking for job" and Game related sections, why not add this too?

JDex
03-11-2005, 06:38 AM
I agree, and while I am not a programmer... I think that it is a valid idea.

PS: I PMed Kirt, and he hooked up a subject change.

Kirt
03-11-2005, 06:39 AM
Editted your thread title for you. Unfortunately, when a user edits the thread title, the new one doesn't show up in the forum list correctly. You have to PM a Forum Leader to do that for you.

Thanks for pointing it out Jason :thumbsup:

rakmaya
03-11-2005, 01:29 PM
didn't know that. Thanks again.

mummey
03-11-2005, 03:46 PM
I would make the argument that programmers are in fact artists, just with different tools. I know this is up for debate but this is my personal belief.

rakmaya
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
This comes my personal experience. The place I work, 2 months ago we needed someone to work beside me in programming Maya export tools for the engine. We came here and saw a lot of artist and we read a lot of post that shows there are programmers in this thread.

But when the programmer's entry gets mixed with 1000s of entries, it is simply hard to find. So we went to other places. We needed a programmer quick so I ended up recomending my old firend. But in a close community such as this would help employers even better if things are organized for programmers in programmer's sections.

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.