PDA

View Full Version : ANIMATION: Raymonkey Showreel

Raymonkey
09-21-2002, 01:10 PM
Hi there fellow CG talkers!

A word of introduction - we are Raymonkey, a new, small (but perfectly formed) animation company that has emerged from the bowels of London. We have over seven years of experience in the UK games industry and a background in traditional animation.

Please take the time to check out our new showreel. It was created entirely in 3DSMax with some of the stuff going through a little bit of photoshop post-pro. A lot of the work is original and unseen by human eyes, but the two robots having a race was created for Nickelodeon UK's Head2Head challenge aired earlier this year.

The website is the "lite" version at the moment, but please look forward to more content sometime later this week as we get some more images and movies uploaded (my poor old 56k modem is taking a right battering).

You can download the showreel from here:
Raymonkey Showreel - DivX (30mb) (http://www.raymonkey.com/images/Reel_divx.avi)

An' if you want to have look at the Raymonkey-Lite site then point your browsers this-a-way:
Raymonkey Site (http://www.raymonkey.com)

Please give us comments - and if you would like to offer advice (or even better, highly paid commissions) then drop us a line.

Cheers everyone!
-Raymonkey

j00st81
09-21-2002, 01:18 PM
hehe, very nice!

I really liked the parashuting cat

great work ;)

stephen2002
09-21-2002, 08:28 PM
that is well done. Some of the stuff was intresting, the parahuting cat was defenitly neat. Although, the ground never got bigger :shrug:

Good luck getting work

Raymonkey
09-22-2002, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!

Yeah the ground...well honestly in a lot of the reference we looked at it never got closer either. Depends how high you start off and how long you film for I guess...

Anyone else care to comment....anyone....anyone....Bueller?

:)

onearmedboxer
09-23-2002, 10:17 AM
Sharp Shooting .
Cool Reel , Liked the cardboard men fighting Class* , good choice of music , cant go wrong with some beasties .
Any chance of a job ?. :applause:

Iain
09-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Bueller here......nice i like it..........i'd give you a job

alphamule
09-23-2002, 12:35 PM
Wow, the download was really worth it!
Love the styles. Nice slick animation too! Is that snowboard cat for a TV show or something?
Some of this stuff is much better than some of the early morning cereal commercials I've seen, and some of them are great!
Keep up the good work!

:beer:

Matt-Clark
09-23-2002, 01:50 PM
30Mb is quite a big download and probably scares 56k users off.
Why not put up some screen shots to entice people to take a look. There's some nice stuff in there.

Raymonkey
09-23-2002, 09:18 PM
Thanks all for the kind words!

Onearmedboxer: Heh! Maybe if we get some big jobs ourselves!

Iain: Cheers! If you have one going we'll take it :)

Matt Clark: Good point (consider your wish fulfilled) there are now a few pics up on the site and some smaller size 360 turn-rounds should be up later...providing I don't fall asleep waiting to upload!

Check out the site again here:

Raymonkey (not as lite - but still good for you) (http://www.raymonkey.com)

And here's a pic of our monkey....which is nice

http://www.raymonkey.com/images/monkeytyre_large.jpg

Raymonkey
09-24-2002, 09:23 AM
Morning all! Just a quickie, uploaded a turn around of our snowboarding cat, have a look here:

Snowboarding Meeouch (http://www.raymonkey.com/images/catturn_b.mov)

Its a 1.8 mb Quicktime.

(due to some inept html coding at 2am you can't see this from the main site yet...but I'll fix it later)

:)

Ronski
09-24-2002, 05:30 PM
Nice stuff Raymonkey, more fighting please! Good luck with the new company hope it all works out :)

Cheers,
Kieron

samartin
09-25-2002, 07:40 AM
Well worth the 30mb download (thank god 4 broadband at work), u're characters have so much character and everything is real tight... hehe that ol' rake in the face works everytime as a comedy moment...

as some1 has already said the boys tune really fits, especially the robots running around scene...

:applause:

Janoshz
09-25-2002, 08:57 AM
I especially like the parts with the cool cat!
The skydiving part is soo COOL!
Allthough it's all great.

sci_fi_808b
09-25-2002, 06:37 PM
Nice stuff! Down with the robot chase sequence!
I think you can ditch the cyclop balls...they don't flow with the other good work.
Good Luck On The Company!
sci_fi_808b

Congratulate...Don't Player Hate! :applause:

Zeio
09-25-2002, 07:21 PM
Very nice overall. I think the skydiving/snowboarding cat is the most impressive. You made it very believeable that the character is actually skydiving.

However, I do agree with sci_fi.. The cyclop balls need to go. They just dont live up to your other stuff, and the whole scene is much slower than everything else as well as predictable.

Overall good job.

-Zeio

oblong
09-26-2002, 08:21 AM
HEy,
looks like you brits have finally got with the program. I was looking forward to seeing Nick park Violated by wallace n' gromit
(dont care who goes first). :xtreme:

But this kinda stuff will do for now..........

good work and good luck:deal:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.