PDA

View Full Version : Ipod spot tutorial help.

azozel
03-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I know that I saw a tutorial on how the Ipod comercials were built but I can't find it now. Anyone who knows where this is plz help I tried google and found a difrent tutorial but the link was dead. So no luck. Anyone who can help me please post! :banghead:

-Vormav-
03-11-2005, 06:41 AM
I'm pretty sure that the one you're talking about is the one on this page (about 5 down):
http://www.cmivfx.com/tutorials.asp

azozel
03-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Yup that's the one Thanks a ton! .... awh crap! It's for shake I could have sworn it was for combustion. O well that's the one I was thinking of. thanks

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah but there is nothing in there that couldnt be easily adopted to Combustions workflow. Like I tell 3d users learn the techniques not the tools. Techniques are universal where as tools can limit you in your creativity and future advancement. So adopt what was done in there to Combustion. Discreet Keyer and some color correction and your done.

-Eric

nattnewman
03-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Too true, its easily done in combustion but i have to say...although I'm new to combustion I dont think combustions keying tools are as good...this could just be because I dont know how to use them properly yet...but just a comment I thought would be worth discussing. Dont mean to hijack the thread!

:beer:

Nathan.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-14-2005, 04:18 PM
nattnewman, I would totallly disagree. Though the Discreet Keyer is not as easy as say keylight the power you get with it is amazing. For example I managed to pull a key of a girl shot on black with only minor need for touchups to the shaded area of the subject. I am sure that keylight or primatte would have eaten through the subject like acid. The Discreet Keyer allows you to choose your color space that will work best with teh supplied footage, and if worse comes to worse you can buy one of the 3rd party keyers.

-Eric

nattnewman
03-14-2005, 04:25 PM
wow, i didnt realise it was that powerful! thanks for the headsup PiXeL_MoNKeY. I best get back to work on learing Combustion! :)

know of any good resources for keying in Combustion? I'm looking through the help files this very second....so any others would be most welcome :)

:beer:

Thanks,

Nathan.

PiXeL_MoNKeY
03-15-2005, 06:19 AM
Gary Davis' Book "Focal Easy Guide To Discreet Combustion 3" (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=2591432) has a section on it and is very inexpensive. While The Street Production DVDs (http://www.thestreetproductions.com/training_dvdicr3.htm) are a great resource at a good price for the amount of knowledge you gain. Beyond that experiement don't just try a key, try the different keyer modes in the Discreet Keyer as they each offer different results and will differ depending on the footage. Then use the tolerance and softness options to tighten the key as needed. Also check Jack Pfeiffer' s tutorial link list available in this thread.

-Eric

nattnewman
03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Thanks Eric! Those resources sound very promising indeed :) :thumbsup: I'll be sure to check them all out.

How's your iPod piece coming along azozel?

Cheers,

Nathan.

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2005, 10:48 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.