View Full Version : Interior: The Darkening

Crash
09-21-2002, 11:36 AM
hey guys it's kinda old but i thought I'll post it to hear your opinion :p

http://www.max3d.pl/galeria/crash/thedarkening.jpg

MartinNH
09-21-2002, 11:56 AM
It is Dark.. to dark :)

What I can see looks good though, so maybe you should turn up the light a little, and post the image again?

Crash
09-21-2002, 12:14 PM
Is this any better?
http://www.crashcg.3d.pl/thedarkening.jpg

MartinNH
09-21-2002, 12:29 PM
Yeah, much better :) I really like your scene here, but It would be even better with some colors! I like the look of the floor, very nice :thumbsup:

Keep it up!

Crash
09-21-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally the picture is in color, red with some dirty bleched brown and some black colors, but dunno if it's better than the black and white version, should I post it?

MartinNH
09-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Grey people are everywhere. 3d Artists are in Technicolor ;)

You said it yourself :D
I'd like to see the colors too. But if you like the black'n white version better you don't have to post the color version.

pants
09-21-2002, 07:48 PM
ahhhh! i'm scared.

it's got a good emotion too it. it looks a little cg-ish, but you said it's old, so...

good stuff. i like the mood of the first one, but ya, it's a tad too dark. did you "correct" it in photoshop or in 3d? if you did it in photoshop, go back and play with the lights, you'd prolly be able to keep the mood a little better.

Matt Parker
09-21-2002, 07:57 PM
eh...i almost like the first one better..... maybe it's just my opinion, i liked the dark look....the second one looks as if it were a scene taken during the day, then just converted to black and white....the first one looks truly dark....

I dunno, i think it's hard to get a dark pic just because everyone seems to have diffferent brigthness levels on their monitor..

Good job none the less.

Matt

MartinNH
09-21-2002, 09:45 PM
Hmm, yeah. On second though I like the first one better too. It's evening here now which means its darker in my room. So the image stands a lot clearer than earlier :beer:

Is this done in 3d max?

Joebount
09-21-2002, 11:41 PM
too clean and too perfect . Chaos is EVERYWHERE ! :)
fix fix fix :wip:

Crash
09-22-2002, 07:12 AM
hehe Martin it was ment just metaphoricly :). I like the darker image better, but there are many people and many opinions out there. The image is 3 years old, and I don't know if I can retrive the file to fix it, I mean that was a long time ago :p . As for the chaos, I agree Joebount but only in places that nobody looks after. Imagine, it could be some castle's ritual room, and those should be kept clean, so it's possible that there's no chaos in here :p . Thanks for the comments guys.

Crash
09-22-2002, 07:33 AM
Oooo, I forgot, the app is 3dsmax3.11 and yes, the brightening was done in Adobe Photoshop 6.1

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.