PDA

View Full Version : mocap?

pelos
03-10-2005, 06:38 PM
i have several question about mocap with messiah,
1) where i can get some mocap animation?
2) how is the method to import them,
3) what happen if i whant to use just a part the mocap and then animate by me
(example frame 1-50 i animate a walk, from 50-65 use a mocap little jump, and 66.... animate all by me

has any one try this?

thanks

pelos
03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
ok, i did what comes in messiah files,

but when i do this
a) Hierarchy With Embedded Motion
i get all the bones rested in the floor, i dont know how to put them into my model,

b)Hierarchy With Motion Clip
so i can scale the time, not only the bones are set in the floor, all of them are just in the same place (one over the other)

i will post some pic later, (i have to eat, (all ready screaming to me =))

JoeCosman
03-11-2005, 04:12 PM
www.bvhfiles.com (http://www.bvhfiles.com) has many free mocap files.

the bones inside a bvh import are interesting if you dont know what to look for.
the setup frame is on frame 0, with the animation starting on frame 1.

punch F5 to bring up the script tray and use the CurrentToSetup script to copy that first frame into your setup position.

there are a few peculiarities when you first import Bvh, and while it doesn't affect most of what you do, it will make editing or converting it harder for you.

your skeleton will be aimed backwards, and the heading and bank channels will both be rotated 180 degrees default.

aiming the skeleton isnt hard, just rotate the parent null 180 degrees.

re-orienting your bones and keeping the animation clean on them is a different ball of wax. I would suggest you create a properly oriented skeleton, and use the moveto/target commands to attach and orient to the bvh skeleton. from there, bake the Keyframes onto your new skeleton and work from there.

if you create a particular fxs file to do this, then creating useable motion clips turns into a batch operation, by loading a bvh as a motion clip, attaching it to the old skeleton, and baking a new clip from the new skeleton.

the better solution is for pmg to do a proper conversion on import, so we don't have to design this workaround.

but I hope i've provided some clues for you.

FKMaster
03-11-2005, 04:44 PM
3) what happen if i whant to use just a part the mocap and then animate by me
(example frame 1-50 i animate a walk, from 50-65 use a mocap little jump, and 66.... animate all by me

import mopcap ---> make motionclip for the animationmixer --> connect same channels to your characterrig ----> finish....
now you can blend between mocap and keyframe or use add motionclip to your keyframes for smart animation-correction........ works good !

pelos
03-11-2005, 08:31 PM
hi, thanks for your answers,
joe, the scrip tip (make the frame the rig position ) was great, i didnt know that was there!!!
i try the adress you give me before your post but i can get an account (i will email them)

fkmaster, by conecting, oyu mean match in the compose tab?

i was playing with the dance mocap that comes in messiah files, but the mocap is not finish, as exercise, i whant to finish it,
so i can use the clip done by the mocap, plus my hand animation,

do i have to bake the clip? and then continue with my animation? (but what happen if i have to make the animation smaller, i dont have the clip because i bake it right?)

thanks for your advice, i willpost an animation sun i get something decent,

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2005, 08:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.