PDA

View Full Version : Does Rig scale affect animation?

Andrei2k
03-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Sorry for 2x post, I miscatergorized it, but here's the Q.

Once I properly have the rig done with a scale node that allows proper uniform scaling of the character; The scale node will have say 6 scale instead of 1. Is there any chance at all that the node not being 1 scale will cause problems in animating? It logically seems that it shouldnt matter since the scale node is topmost hierarchy node but I want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Andrei

Buexe
03-10-2005, 07:54 PM
If you uniformly scale your rig it should be no problem, but if you ununiformly scale your rig the local spaces of the dag nodes are deformed and especially rotations might behave in an unwanted fashion. I always check if my rig can be scaled by moving it off the origin (translate and rotate) and then scaling it and if it is still one piece chances are good that it can be scaled for animation. cheers
buexe

Andrei2k
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Ok great because I did all the things you mentioned and all worked fine. I guess it will work for animation then without unforseen problems. Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.