PDA

View Full Version : Floating tissue

emfyfe
03-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi, im creating an animation inside the body and i would little tissue-like objects floating around in the space. I've been working with particles but can't seem to get the effect I want. The idea is like a little piece of string gently floating which is semi-transparent with a ittle bit of a glow and gently undulating. Can anyone suggest some ways to go about this? I haven't been working with dynamics for long. Had a look through the threads but can't seem to find anything similar to this.

Thanks,
Emma

dudders
03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Have you tried using sprites?

rhankins
03-16-2005, 04:27 PM
Create a curve. Make it a softbody. Add springs or make a duplicate a goal if you like. Add a turbulence field to the softbody particles and adjust the magnitude on the field and conserve on the particles to your liking. Then extrude a circle along the curve. You'll have the geometry updating through history. Create particles in your scene and instance the geometry to the particles. The particles now appear as the tube and move with the turbulence field. You can add a custom rotation attribute to vary the rotation of the instances and you could set up several variations of this and add these variations to the instancer to create a more interesting setup. You can then render with whatever shader you choose and add glow as a post processing in your compositor.

emfyfe
03-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys!

rhankins - I'll try that out thanks very much for your help!

dudders - I haven't used sprites before and don't really know much about them.

Thanks again
Emma

dudders
03-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Sprites are pictures that the particles use instead of blobs or streaks or whatever, if youre going to have a lot of particles then this may be a good way to go with the addition of real geometry it would look quite cool.

emfyfe
03-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Are there any particularly good examples you could point me in the direction of at all?

CGTalk Moderation
03-21-2005, 08:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.