PDA

View Full Version : mirroring vertex weights on a face from right to left

Pickman
03-10-2005, 09:04 AM
Hey there, I've been adding a jaw joint on my creature face in order to have nice deformations added with the facial blendshapes, I did the right side of the face and now want to mirror the weights on the other side of the face, not that I want it perfectly symmetrical but I want to export the face to zbrush to create displacement maps difformation according to the different blendshape targets.
So back to the head I selected it, went to edit smooth skin, mirror weights, chose my axis (YZ) in my case, uncheck left to right and applied, but it doesn't mirror properly, something definately happens but it's not right.

What's the correct workflow ??
THX for helping out

thematt
03-10-2005, 09:08 AM
you have the corrcet workflow, just make sure your object is at 0 on the axis you want to mirror.

And make sure you're at bind pose too.

cheers

Pickman
03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Big lol, I bet I was too tired last night, it works perfect now, I forgot to switch to bind pose before performing the mirror weights. THx a lot the Matt !!

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.