PDA

View Full Version : Clipping with Parallel editor camera

mustardseed
03-10-2005, 06:25 AM
Is there a setting somewhere to prevent this strange clipping whenever I use the parallel editor camera? It doesn't happen with a perspective editor camera.

Thanks!

MWC
03-10-2005, 06:29 AM
You either need to zoom in and dolly out or dolly in and zoom out. (I forgot which one works, it's been awhile since I was in that situation).

mustardseed
03-10-2005, 09:05 AM
Thanks but the Film Zoom (dolly) is greyed out in the Editor Camera's Parallel mode, so that's not gonna work. any other ideas?

Srek
03-10-2005, 09:12 AM
The clipping occurs when the camera plane cuts the object. Just dolly back the camera and it will work. Film Zoom has nothing to do with this and is not applicable to a parallel camera.
Cheers
Björn

mustardseed
03-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Found the answer searching the forum (I know, which I shoulda done in the first place...RTFF!)

So the trick is to manage the clipping with 1+right drag. It's actually quite a usefull feature that will come in very handy when I'm doing renders for my interior design clients.

Thanks for the time!

lllab
03-10-2005, 09:17 AM
actually in my use this is a very nice feature, i often work in arch modells using a camera that clips away what i dont want to see at the moment.

is very handy!

cheers
lllab

mustardseed
03-10-2005, 09:22 AM
You're right. I wish I'd found out about this on the last job I did!

actually in my use this is a very nice feature, i often work in arch modells using a camera that clips away what i dont want to see at the moment.

is very handy!

cheers
lllab

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2005, 09:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.