PDA

View Full Version : 3D Scene Composite

parad0x
03-10-2005, 05:34 AM
Hey fellas, I have a very thought-provoking question on my part to ask you all. I just received Boujou 3 in the afternoon today and love it to death from V2.(If you know how to use Boujou, could u also give a possible explanation as to why the camera solving takes eons to finish) After I have everything tracked and exported into Cinema 4D, this is where my questions start sparking. I can make objects in relation to the scene but;

- How should i render the 3d scene, in C4D, with my object? (a composited cube onto a videoclip, say on the kitchen table.)In what format does this happen with, RPF? (what channels should i render out if i use this format?) What about alpha channels needed when i render it as well, how should i set those up.

In the scene, I want only the cube and the shadow on my kitchen table. I have been told countless times NOT to render the movie when it is placed as the background object in cinema 4d along with your composited object, but to instead use it only as a guide when positioning objects. I have also been told to only include the raw footage into either Combustion or After Effects and combine the 3d rendered footage properly.

Synopsis:
So over all i have taken footage from my canon gl2 camera, and made a raw avi which i tracked using boujou 3. Exported the tracking info into C4D which now gives me a 3d scene of the "world" from my footage taken. Now i want to add in a cube on the floor or "ground plane" if you will, and add a shadow appropriately.

Thanks fellas for taking the time to view this, i appreciate it greatly!

PS: Ill make a great vid tutorial if i can finally tackle this thing... have been trying to do it with the demo of boujou for the past week up till now. Now its show time haha. Thx

CGTalk Moderation
03-10-2005, 05:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.