PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Raining Code

BlueBarron
03-09-2005, 11:25 PM
Does anyone know how to make a Matrix Raining Code video sequence like in the movie that can display my title? I would like to use Photoshop and Adobe Premiere if it is possible.

Thanks for any help.

hiphopcr
03-10-2005, 03:49 AM
There are a number of good tips out there, but if all you're working with is Photoshop and Premier than you may want to consider this:

http://www.dwphotoshop.com/photoshop/animatedmatrix.php

It can be done with Image Ready, which normally comes with Photoshop. It's simple, easy, and for your software would probably be the only viable option.

BlueBarron
03-10-2005, 04:22 AM
Thanks, but I want something a little more realistic. I could probably use the 30 day trial of After Effects.

hiphopcr
03-10-2005, 08:21 AM
First off, I hope you already have some experience with After Effects, otherwise it's gonna be tough (and I'm understating here). Off the top of my head I can think of a few preset text animations that you'll find in AE that may help start you off, like characters rain in and frame number.

Ryan-W.com achieved a good Matrix wanna-be in AE but I don't think he left a tutorial for it because it involved so much manual labor. And eyeonline.com has a freebie Matrix rain code, but that's only if you own a copy of Digital Fusion (and don't bother downloading the trial version cuz it renders out heavily watermarked images).

Otherwise I'd search around, you're definitely not the first person who's wanted to recreate this famous intro.

Good luck!

scrimski
03-10-2005, 08:58 PM
hello BlueBarron,

try this one, it's for AfterEffects(up from 4.0). Requires a bit knowledge of After Effects, but it's a quite simple effect, one of the first tuts I did when I started with AE.

BlueBarron
03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks scrimski. I'll have to try that and see how it looks.

anilz
03-11-2005, 09:06 PM
hi but why don't u use combustion? they have it in particles default u can also change the text and can play around it.

BlueBarron
03-11-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't understand. Combustion is a program, right?

anilz
03-11-2005, 10:01 PM
yeah it is a software of discreet's and u have matrix effect ready in combustion particles or else u can also have a plugin for after effects known as digital anarchy.

dosealas
03-12-2005, 11:35 PM
hi,

i had the same problem sometime ago, heres what i did..

found a great screensaver where matrix codes where falling, almost as same as in the film..

then i downloaded snagit trial, snagit is a screen capture program, i arranged the speed opf the codes in the screensaver and set snagit to capture acordingly.

finaly i got a texture animation at 1600 x 1200 , inputed it into afx for a continus loop...

and apply map! you can find the screensaver and snagit at www.download.com

search for matrix and snagit.!
cheers

BlueBarron
03-13-2005, 01:26 AM
This (http://www.macmerc.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=175&page=1) is the tutorial I was looking at to follow, but I need some way to make it into a movie.

The Toad
03-26-2005, 08:19 AM
there is an excellent, complete and very realistic tutorial and demo of the results available at www.wrigleyvideo.com (http://www.wrigleyvideo.com) using Premiere Pro only

I have used it with great effect. i have modified it a little by randomising the top of the text titles as well as the bottom and i added a lot more of the glowing "drops" throughout the clip

i can give you more instructions if required but first look at the tutorial it may be all you need.

pcbyers
03-28-2005, 04:29 AM
I fiddled around with that Matrix effect, and it looks pretty cool. That made me think of a question - does Combustion have a scripting language? It would be nice to be able to tweak things exactly with custom scripting.

Joblh
03-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Are there any tutorials online of how to make this matrix code effects with Final Cut Express, or Blender?

BlueBarron
04-28-2005, 12:54 AM
I figured out a way to do it. It should be done fairly soon. I'll try to post a video of it when i'm done.

Joblh
04-28-2005, 04:47 PM
a video tutorial? for Blender? that would be great :D if you meant that :P

BlueBarron
04-29-2005, 04:27 AM
a video tutorial? for Blender? that would be great :D if you meant that :P

No...I just meant a video of the finished product. If it works. :)

Joblh
04-29-2005, 12:47 PM
:cry: :cry:

Aruna
04-29-2005, 04:42 PM
This is called thinking outside the box! Nice job. :)

hi,

i had the same problem sometime ago, heres what i did..

found a great screensaver where matrix codes where falling, almost as same as in the film..

then i downloaded snagit trial, snagit is a screen capture program, i arranged the speed opf the codes in the screensaver and set snagit to capture acordingly.

finaly i got a texture animation at 1600 x 1200 , inputed it into afx for a continus loop...

and apply map! you can find the screensaver and snagit at www.download.com (http://www.download.com)

search for matrix and snagit.!
cheers

BlueBarron
07-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Sorry for the long wait. I needed someway to host it. Here (http://www.filefarmer.com/TinkersDam/RainingCode.mpg) it is. I know it needs to go faster. I made the music for it also. I'll try to answer questions and criticism. It will be at least a week from tomorrow because I'll be out of town.

Thanks for any comment/criticism.

Aooogah
07-15-2005, 09:22 PM
You need to put in some motion blur, and add a bit more glow at the end (beginning?) of the streams. Other than that, it should be fine. :)

BlueBarron
07-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks. That would be sort of hard to do they way I made it. I made it the most manual way possible. I made the source picture and started with a plain black layer in photoshop. I moved it down with the arrow key and saved it as a frame. I had over 1400 frames.

CGTalk Moderation
07-15-2005, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.