PDA

View Full Version : IK handle problem!!!

BadPenny
03-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Hi all,
I have been having a problem in these days I didn't manage to solve.
It seems that when i create ik handles on a skeleton, maya not only adds that staight line between the 2 joints but even pops up a box around the Ik handle effector (which makes me crazy givin me strange results).The weirdest thing is that those weird boxes appear only onto that specific skeleton, while on new ones maya just adds ik handles regulary.
Waiting for suggestions...
Thanks for the help!!

M.E.L.
03-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey man, mind posting up a screen grab or the scene file to be looked at?

I know the error that you're talking about, used to happen in Maya 5 off and on, it usually just disappeared after I re-oriented the joints or drew the chain again. Haven't come across it at all in Maya 6..anyways, if you can just post up a scene to sift through.

-shawn

BadPenny
03-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Well actually i am usin May 6.0, not the 5.0 version.Anyway I have attached a screenshot to let you know about the problem.

jgibz
03-11-2005, 12:53 PM
Are you using ikRP? Also, the ik looks to be working, surely a box won't hurt anyone :)

BadPenny
03-11-2005, 01:13 PM
First of all i want to precise this is the first skinning I am doing so maybe i could have done something wrong with the skeleton or whatever...
So..I am using both rp and sc IK.Maya plays the same trick anyhow.
The problem actually aren't those boxes themselves but when i got those god damn cubes, the ik seems not to be working properly.
I have tried to create some new joints and put an ik handle on them :those boxes do not appear anymore.
The issue is that I am workin on a already skinned character and i really wanna know how to fix that "bug" without reskinning everything.

geniussteam
03-11-2005, 03:59 PM
hei buddy, don't worry about it .

You must locked one of the joint's rotate attribute of the leg.

So the box appeard .

Now you know the problem and get on it.

BadPenny
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
Hey dude, thanks for the tip.
I just deleted the rotation limits at the leg and finally I got it working.
Thank you so much everyone for your time and your support!!!:applause:

CGTalk Moderation
03-11-2005, 05:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.