PDA

View Full Version : fake cctv

watermelon
03-08-2005, 10:06 PM
i need to make some normal footage look like cctv footage, how would i achieve the following:

black and white

low quality

running time/date counter

many thanks

DVmaker
03-08-2005, 11:37 PM
The best way of doing this is to acquire the footage with a low quality camera. However since it seems that the footage has already been acquired, drop the footage in any compositing package (Aftereffects, shake, combustion etc...) or a midlevel editing package and apply the filters that degrade the image.

Most importantly critically watch some CCTV footage and notice what is happening with CC footage.. Is there interference, is the image have an irregular frame rate, is there noise on the edge of the footage? You know...

Easiest again, is to get a old ass camera (straight to VHS or VHS-C) and make it B&W in your editing package.

my2cents
aj

artisanfx
03-09-2005, 12:07 AM
there is some filter fx from Thinderbox " http://www.thefoundry.co.uk/ " called > bad tv < if you have this filter plugin already you can use that to make some cctv camera effect easy, if not then you have to doit you self using some standard filter like "tint" to make it first black & white then put over some blur filters and brigness the color up to more contrast , if it need.
And also some cctv shows not very clean picture it means that you need also apply some motion blur effect to your footage , if you have it this effect (final effect) = timeblend filter or widetime ? this is very usefull to :)

but give attention when you use this kind of filter effect because your need a clean start from the beginning to render it without any flicks out.

hope that will help you :)

Khalor
03-09-2005, 09:07 AM
To add a time counter just apply a timecode effect from the video effects menu, and set a large starting frame number

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2005, 09:07 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.