PDA

View Full Version : Still life: Was bored, so made this beer cap

Heaven871
09-20-2002, 05:32 PM
The caps were made with XSI and it took me 40 minutes total. The textures took some time ;-)

I'd really like to hear if you like it or not. It was build for this resolution, otherwise I would have had enormous geometry problems.

A beer cap, really has strange polygon forms, look at it the next time before you dump it.
:beer:

Tomorrow I'll bring you the bottle, if I don't sleep all day long.

So long, Garry Runke :wavey:

TumikSmacker
09-20-2002, 06:04 PM
thats the best 3d beer cap i've ever seen in my entire life.

Frank Dodd
09-21-2002, 10:20 AM
I am always doing that myself too, studying simple things looking at their texture and structure even something as simple as a marble or beer cap it's intresting to look at it in great detail.

The beer caps look great and is obviously the product of a good study of the object. Nice one.

Heaven871
09-21-2002, 02:00 PM
Jesus.
Took me 3 hours to figure out how to use an alpha in XSI. Gosh, I thought Maya was a tough one, but XSI always tops it.

The modelling took 10 minutes, but I couldn't get the textures as perfect as I wanted to.
I prefer the caps, but promised is promised, so here is the bottle.

:airguitar Have a nice weekend, Garry Runke

gaggle
09-21-2002, 02:09 PM
It'd be pretty cool if one or more of the caps were bend on account of having been opened. I would think one could do the bending with an FFD, or whatever they might be called in XSI.

IMO that would make them more interesting.. pretty as they are now, they're quite darn perfectly shaped :)

Heaven871
09-21-2002, 04:58 PM
Yeah gaggle, you are damn right.
After checking the caps several minutes trying to find out why they aren't bent, I figured out they were twist caps.

However you call them in english, you can open them by turning them with your hand. :rolleyes:

But next time I'll make a bend one, guess that's another challenge.

Thank you all so much for your comments.

DaCreep
09-21-2002, 06:22 PM
I love it, almost as much as I love beer... :D

but, the only thing, the caps are not on their bottles anymore, but when you open a bottle, you 'hurt' the cap, it goes like twisted... if you know what I mean.

Damn my english is bad :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.