PDA

View Full Version : error message & script for reactor

watteville
03-08-2005, 02:25 PM
i posted this in a other max forum, but being unable to read the script i'll post it here too:
i get a message saying "setpixelformat failed" with the attached script. is anybody here to help me?

Bobo
03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
i posted this in a other max forum, but being unable to read the script i'll post it here too:
i get a message saying "setpixelformat failed" with the attached script. is anybody here to help me?

This is actually not a MAXScript error, it is an error trying to initialize the preview window of Reactor (which uses its own realtime engine). SetPixelFormat is related to trying to set the graphics driver (I think it uses OpenGL) to a desired color depth.
Do you have an OpenGL driver installed? Windows 2K and XP do not ship with an OpenGL driver, so you have to install one provided by your graphics card manufacturer...

watteville
03-08-2005, 04:13 PM
great, thanks, BOBO, for this.
i have been advised not to use the floating toolbar, but the utlity panel to avoid this. then i try to swap to directx, which again makes problems with my ati card. same old story again -

minimi13
05-07-2005, 11:32 AM
watteville:
Did you solve the problem, because I have the same problem you have. I'm running max 7 by the way. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and installed the latest drivers for it. I really don't know what to do. I also sent my problem to discreet, but no reply so far from them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

watteville
05-08-2005, 10:43 AM
watteville:
Did you solve the problem, because I have the same problem you have. I'm running max 7 by the way. I have an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro and installed the latest drivers for it. I really don't know what to do. I also sent my problem to discreet, but no reply so far from them.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Here we go: every time i used the reactor toolbar, which on my UI was floating, i received the message. if i use the main menu i dont.
so: i simply dont use the floating reactor toolbar, but its a pain -
good luck

minimi13
05-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Thanks for your help. I will try that as soon as I can.

CGTalk Moderation
05-08-2005, 11:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.