View Full Version : what sofware is best for effect and edit

amin1333
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
Hi every one
im beginner and im verry sorry for my english
if any one can help me its so gr8
i want know the best software for edditing movie
and get effect for movies
a software wich can easily add text effect (like effects on trailer movies)
and u can easilly montage background of movies....
i really whant something support many many effects
plz help me........

thomaspecht
03-09-2005, 08:31 AM
best software - that's a hard one.
any halfway decent video editor these days probably has a more or less advanced titler and has no problem in overlaying and masking different videotracks.
if you want more, you could go for a combo of compositing and editing tools.
sony vegas, adobe premiere, apple final cut pro are some pretty well known editors.
apple shake, discreet combustion and eyeon digital fusion are a few of the available compositors.

there are only a few pretty highend packages wich claim to be able to do editing and composing, namely discreet smoke/fire, ifx piranha and possibly jaleo/mistika. none of them would fit into any mortal's budget anyway. ;)

amin1333
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
thanx man
ur help is gr8
i have tested these 2 program sony vegas, adobe premiere
they r good but just for beginners....:)
as u said for the secound collection of app"none of them would fit into any mortal's budget anyway"
there is no matter...........:twisted:
just if i can test them.....mmmmmmm

sundialsvc4
03-09-2005, 03:07 PM
Any Macintosh these days will ship with iHome, which includes basic but functional sofware for... video editing, sound editing and composition, and DVD creation. All of these are subsets of their full professional suite products, but very readily available. If you can spring for a Mac Mini (~$500 USD) and a monitor, the software will already be there. You can learn an awful lot with just that. The next step up might be Final Cut Exprss, ~$100.

It's much better to start with basics, and learn them well, than it is to spend a lot of money at the outset on equipment and/or software that you do not yet need or know how to use. "Tools don't make the craftsman."

amin1333
03-11-2005, 05:30 PM
thanks man
yeh i know it must satrt frome base
but i did it and sony vegas, adobe premiere
dont fell my request
maybe do ur advise

Yossarian!
03-18-2005, 04:35 AM
Exactly what couldn't Premiere and Vegas do that you wanted them to? Maybe if you have some particular effect in mind (ie. a particle engine, or wacky text builds) someone could recommend a suitable package.

amin1333
04-07-2005, 08:39 AM
first excuse me bcz late
I Exactly want wacky text builds Wich Always Use In Trailers
and a software Wich can montage blue/green layer with real backgroun layer
and also some fire effect

McWolfe
04-08-2005, 07:04 AM
first excuse me bcz late
I Exactly want wacky text builds Wich Always Use In Trailers
and a software Wich can montage blue/green layer with real backgroun layer
and also some fire effect

I'm not sure what you with the "wacky text builds", but most editing/ compositing software has text-tools, which you can combine with the other effects that ship with the tool.

As for blue/ green montage.. I assume you mean bluescreen or greenscreen.. and those are part of most packages as well. That also goes for fire effects.

One thought though.. both Vegas and Premiere are editing tools, their strength is in making a movie out of a number of smaller filmstrips and putting them together in different ways.

For Special FX I'd advice you to look for programs like After Effects, Digital Fusion or Combustion. That is, post processing-tools. In these you have a huge number of tools that help you with FX. When you are done there you export your scenes, and then import them into Sony Vegas (for instance) and put them together into a longer movie there.

I hope this cleared things up a little

McWolfe

chrisWhite
04-08-2005, 02:43 PM
I use Avid Xpress Pro with Boris Red/Avid FX and I really like the workflow in it. I've also been very impressed with Final Cut Pro and I honestly don't think you could go wrong with either of these. Combustion and Digital Fusion are both suporb compositors that you might look into if you want to go effects heavy on things, but if your doing any major editing than you'll want an editing package to go with these.

amin1333
04-09-2005, 01:35 PM
thank you now I will Look for after effect and Avid Xpress Pro

hiphopcr
04-10-2005, 02:35 AM
Since you're a beginner you probably should get your feet wet with After Effects, which will be easier if you know Photoshop. AE is a fine compositor and for motion graphics (title sequences) it's second to none. You'll also be able to do some basic effects.

Editing wise, Final Cut (Mac) and Premier (PC) are good.

amin1333
04-11-2005, 05:32 PM
thank you man good advise

animquer
05-01-2005, 12:02 AM
uh
if premiere is not enough for editing
and combustion or digital fusion or after effects for composing and effects
than you are out of luck on this world.
smoke,flint..... and other discreet systems are not common becouse they are expensive becouse its a software and hardware, those programs dont run on normal workstations (not to think about desktop pc).
it's not about tool you have than a way you use them. Im sure premiere is fine. Maybe you are using a wrong software for a wrong thing.

CGTalk Moderation
05-01-2005, 12:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.