PDA

View Full Version : Realistic coffe

megaa
03-08-2005, 09:54 AM
Hi all! Just wonder if anyone have some good tip(s) in how to create realistic coffe powder.
For example, which kind of particle would be the best choice, how to get the realistic colour ( not just entirely darkbrown) etc.

Bye

Megaa

cpan
03-08-2005, 11:26 AM
hmmm, i think there were one free video-tutorial on alias site. It looked pretty realistic and was done with maya fluids.

hope it's still there.

megaa
03-08-2005, 12:04 PM
hmm, couldnt find it...but fluids suits better for coffe ready to drink perhaps? my coffe is just powder..straight from the coffe packet..

destruct007
03-08-2005, 03:27 PM
I'd create the pile with a NURBS or Poly cone (texture that to look like grids) then emit from that with no speed particles. You could even instance cubes with the rough grids texture on them and give them a very make variance in scale and large vaiance in rotation. It will look perfect. If you need to have a spoon or something go into the pile, made blendshapes, or try to use cuts, you'll get away with some by making the particles collide with the pile, giving the pile a high friction. How dynamic does the grids have to be?

--Dave

ashishdantu
03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
hi megaa,

for the cofee powder to roll off some grains as the pile goes up, u can have a dummy object in the shape of the pile (which u hide later) and select ur particle (to which u have the cofee grain geometry instanced to) and make it collide.. over time u can animate the shape of the pile geometry and it will give u nice colissions and rolloffs...

hope it helps ..

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2005, 01:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.