PDA

View Full Version : Leigh here here come in!!!!!

bek
09-20-2002, 03:50 PM
can u help me pleaase!!

how can i make more realistic this model!!!!

please your the best so please help me!!!!

leigh
09-20-2002, 03:52 PM
:surprised
You've got to be kidding me :surprised

jone
09-20-2002, 03:59 PM
HAHAHA..
why you dont help him?
you will know those things better than bek
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

bek
09-20-2002, 06:00 PM
i rely need your help!!!

this is not a joke!!!!! come on!!! help me!! forget the model !!!

and lets take care of the texture!?!?!?

please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!! please!!!!!!!!

TMortan
09-21-2002, 04:27 AM
Haha,

Seriously... your texture looks decent, might want to work on the lighting.

Always (http://www.always.com)

Bima
09-21-2002, 04:28 PM
you can make it without Leigh, i think
just go to store and buy some 'more real realistic'
:bounce:

Chappo
09-21-2002, 11:17 PM
Hmmmm.....

are you gonna animate that too ? :)

Commercial style...having some blue fluid dripping on the surface hahaha

Look on internet for reference, that's all i can say.... unless you have a girlfriend.... then you can just ask her for some samples.

dark_lotus
09-22-2002, 04:10 PM
Um yeah you have to be kidding.

Thats really rude - especially givin the name of the thread.

Dude learn some manners.

wgreenlee1
09-23-2002, 05:53 AM
.....omg..........!

truk77
09-25-2002, 01:05 AM
Oh my goodness,

I was cruising the threads, sipping my hot cocoa, when I came across the title of this one.

Thinking it was a joke, or something, I clicked on it.

When that image materialized, I almost spit my cocoa all over the place. That is so utterly totally wrong.

Oi.... :eek:

MK2
09-25-2002, 10:56 AM
Hehehe.... Dude that was great :)
Iam laughing my ass off... ouch it begins to hurt :) hihihi...

mk:applause:

.oO-cloak-Oo.
09-25-2002, 09:29 PM
oh my......thats.....um......Im outta here.
:surprised

Marcel
09-26-2002, 12:08 PM
Wahahahha! this is great!

And I have only one advice for Bek: Go to the store, buy yourself loads of reference material and put it on the scanner. Done!

Edit: And for God sake don't tell me that you want to texture it as a used object! :surprised :surprised :surprised

Rhid1en
10-03-2002, 12:16 AM
Dude, out of all the time and effort she has put into this website and trying to help others, you're a real dick, why don't you go bug some counterstrike clan or something and leave this forum alone for professionals. This is one of the few without tons of immaturity out there, letís try to keep it that way so people can learn from one another, not just be bothersome.

slice56
10-03-2002, 10:51 PM
im with you Rhid1en. This thread is completely wrong. (delete)

erwin1978
10-17-2002, 11:52 PM
the dimensions look alright. it definitely needs some specularity and ramp shading.

Antilles
10-21-2002, 05:55 AM
What the heck is so wrong with this thread? did you ever think that he might need to make this for a commercial or a project commercial? Or did you assume he put it in there as a joke? Its not like its a female organ or something. yeash.

Gentle Fury
10-21-2002, 06:17 AM
ok, have we really gotten to a taboo part of our jaded culture that someone that is working on a feminine hygine product and asking someone he respects on texturing for help automatically an insulting joke???

Did anyone stop to think that perhaps this was for real and he was calling out to someone he thought could be helpful in the realistic texturing of an object??

this is not a joke!!!!! come on!!! help me!! forget the model !!!

I mean honestly i think the texturing could use some help.....im always available :) and i dont get offended so easily!

What the more serious people on here said, get some references........so you can see what the materials are really like. I'm really not an expert on these types of products, so i really cant help too much, but life is the best places to get ref.........and im sure you know some females that can supply you ;)

Honestly, what is this for?

and if it was just a joke.........dont waste threads with silliness ok ;)

Happy Rendering!!

freddy7133d
10-24-2002, 08:26 AM
man,thats really stupid!!!....

It reflects what kinda of person you are....bek

when I saw it, it didnt seem like you needed help....
and leigh didnt help you and I dont think she found it was funny

you need better judgment bek

grow up!:annoyed:

roggel
10-24-2002, 07:46 PM
This is my first post ever, just to let you know.
I just went through all the excellent tutorials Leigh cared to share with us. Though I'm actually anxious to put them to practice right away, I feel I have to stand up for Bek now.

This is one of those situations where the real world comes to play. We do not all get these Spaceship and Monsters projects to work on. As a matter of fact, when I turn on the TV and zap through all the commercials I hardly EVER see a 3D Goblin or Spaceship. Most of the time it's candybars breaking in two by magic, to show the creamy insides or whatever.

What Bek is working on seems more realistic from a commercial point of view than an old church or a complete indoor scene. And his object needs to be textured correctly.

That said though, I think the title of this post is a bit weird and the fact that Bek hasn't responded to all this critique himself is a bit strange too.

But please, don't make me afraid to contribute to this forum aswell. Let's be a bit more open minded here.

Ok, now I'm off to make my textures REALLY realistic... :)

erwin1978
10-24-2002, 10:03 PM
Well, the fact that Bek-meister hasn't responded to defend himself, suggests he was drinking moonshine vodka and decided to have a laugh. You gotta give it to the guy; it's hilarious.:love:

roggel
10-24-2002, 11:33 PM
Ok, well here's a bit of advice for Bek:

Next time you wanna pull a quick prank on someone, don't spend too much time on it. I mean, the modelling must have taken you a good half hour, the texture on it so far is quite okay, so I assume you've spend some time on that, and the overall composition of the scene has been given some thought too.

If I ever pull a prank, I make sure it takes me no more than 10 minutes to set up. Especially when it isn't all THAT obvious that it is a prank. :hmm:

O, and then, once I have posted my prank I just sit back and watch the responses. And when ppl fall for it, I am definitely not going to say: 'Hey, I'm SERIOUS, this is NOT a joke'.

Either Bek is not a very good joker, or he is serious and just got his head smashed in by ppl who are imho a bit short sighted...

I don't mean to start a war here, I just react a bit assertive when faced with injustice... :argh:

O, BTW, I still haven't been very productive with those texturing tuts... Hope I'll be able to find the time to get to it. But right now I'm off to save another civilian from injustice. "To the stars... and beyond!!!" hehehe

leigh
10-25-2002, 10:46 PM
You know, I really have a great sense of humour, and certainly enjoy jokes, but I really believe that this is a joke.

Firstly, the name he chose for the thread - it's aimed specifically at me, and I'm female. Co-incidence?

Why didn't he just name it "I need help texturing a sanitary pad"? By all means, I would have helped. I'm not such a prude as to take offense, I'm just not going to waste my time responding when it's not for any purpose.

psil
10-25-2002, 10:58 PM
nah, not funny:thumbsdow

dirtySanchez
10-27-2002, 10:39 AM
Oh please - get over yourselves and grow up.
Bek posted this query over here
http://forum.bhodinut.com/viewtopic.php?t=604
ages ago, and I think he really needs genuine assistance.

Bek> I'll try and help you over in the BhodiNut forum.

DS

Per-Anders
10-27-2002, 12:04 PM
Really in all honesty he did post it at BhodiNUT some time ago... and i think english isn't his first langauge. i have asked whether he's for real sometimes in some of his other posts... but i don't think that this was at all a targeted attack of Leigh. In certain ways Bek is a newbie, so i think although it was kinda funny in a sick way it was just coincidence. Leigh is all around the texturing side of cgtalk, and is probably the obvious choice for a texturing newbie to ask for help, after all she's the acknowledged texturing godess in these parts of the world... apart from that there's not much more to say apart from the naming of the thread was not the best.. but then again nor is Beks English (though it's better than my Japanese, which i think is Beks first language) so perhaps you guys should say sorry to Bek.

Antilles
10-28-2002, 12:48 PM
I don't know whats gotten into your heads. The fact that you guys still think this is a joke gives us insight to your intelligence level. He got more legitimate help on the other forum he posted in, and that gives me insight into the effectiveness and helpfulness of this forum.

leigh
10-28-2002, 04:18 PM
You know, that really isn't a very fair thing to say, Antilles. How could we have known that it wasn't a joke? The fact that he didn't bother responding after his initial denial that it was not a joke, led me to think that it was a silly prank and he'd decided to leave it :shrug:

The fact is that I get a lot of pranks pulled on me (as do the other mods), so it was only natural that I assumed this was one too.

If he got help on another forum, well great then. I hope he managed to finish it off.

I spend a lot of time on this forum helping out people, as do a number of other helpful people, and your insinuation that this is not a helpful place forum is rather uncalled for.

Antilles
10-30-2002, 06:59 AM
Yeah you're right. T'was unfair, and I apologize!

The tutorials written by you have been very helpful too and we all learn a lot from you, so it was wrong of me to say it!

the sparky
10-30-2002, 11:13 PM
I know that this probably isn't a great way to start off here, but I have to say... You have overreacted. I understand that you thought it was a prank, but I would think that you would at least give the guy a chance. You say that you were offended because you are a girl, and so you thought he was just making fun of you. I'm a girl. I would be happy if I ever got good enough at texturing that someone would title a thread specifically aimed at me, even if it was a pad.

gmask
10-30-2002, 11:22 PM
Yeah if he's allready posted elsewhere and gotten help then it seems pointless to post it again especially in this context.

Jokes are fine but not when they are at somebody else's expense.

bek
10-31-2002, 12:36 AM
<<post deleted by admin>>

<<first warning>>

bek
10-31-2002, 12:48 AM
here it is!

bek
10-31-2002, 12:53 AM

leigh
10-31-2002, 11:18 AM
Well, it looks like it came out really well in the end :)
Although the composite looks like it could have benefitted from being premultiplied with the same colour as the background.

leigh
10-31-2002, 11:28 AM
Hey, you know I'm sorry we all thought this was a joke, but the fact that you vanished after your intitial two posts seemed to indicate that you were in fact just doing it for fun.

Sure, we all know that someone has to do these for tv commercials and such, but then why did you not state that, instead of just posting a bunch of jumbled requests and exclamation marks. If you had just said "I am doing this for a tv commercial and I need to make it look better" then nobody would have even considered for a minute that it was a joke.

I have removed the other the thread that you started - your rudeness and profanity is not appreciated in this forum. Even if you are upset, kindly do not diminish your stature by using obscene language and insulting everyone. It only makes you look like a foolish person.

Next time, try structuring your request a little more carefully - there are lots of people here perfectly willing to help with legitimate requests.

freddy7133d
10-31-2002, 08:27 PM
sorry bek..............
:rolleyes: :hmm:

I still think it was bad judgment(name of the thread only)

but hope you can forgive me

I really thought it was a joke
but I was wrong, so Im really sorry

hope to see more of your work the commercial looks cool

:bounce: :thumbsup:

bek
10-31-2002, 08:58 PM
well a am sorry whit all u guys! so please lets forget all this stupid post!!!!

good look and haping rendering!!!!!1 =)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.