PDA

View Full Version : Altering time of sequential jpgs

phix95
03-08-2005, 03:46 AM
I have some animated camera fly throughs of 2 3d max models that have to be rendered in sequential jpgs. The camera starts somewhere far from the model and goes in closer, and around. I want it to look like the cam slows down as it gets closer to the model. What is a quick way to simulate this in AE?
I tried in 3ds but cannot get it right.

thanks

Khalor
03-08-2005, 07:44 AM
If you are animating the camera position or camera zoom using keyframes try changing the keyframe to 'easy ease in' in the keyframe assistant

If you are using scale to simulate zoom, try selecting the scale keyframes and applying an 'exponential scale' from the keyframe assistant

Hope it helps,
Khalor

Ødb
03-08-2005, 10:42 AM
try "time remapping" in >layer>enable time remapping

artisanfx
03-09-2005, 12:24 AM
dunno what you correctly mean but if you mean a quick zoom effect with a slowdown then you can use realviz twixtor to do that with timeblend effect after or just remapping the time and after use also timeblending effect

rgds

phix95
03-09-2005, 01:06 AM
Both won't work. These are individual frames (jpgs), one frame per jpg, so for one camera move around in max, its about 65 frames, thus 65 separate images. You can only time remap video. And apparently easy ease is for video only (or at least not for sequential jpgs).

Any other ideas????

davpunk
03-09-2005, 11:52 PM
render the sequence out as a video, then time remap it. Reel Smart Twixtor is good for time remapping, otherwise do it in 3d, and re render, thats will give you the best result.

phix95
03-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Well, the point was that I cannot render it as a movie. My reason for posting was to find a way to change the speed using sequential jpgs. Seeing that is a requirement, any ideas?

thanks

Shane W
03-12-2005, 06:48 AM
You can time re-map sequential jpgs the same as you would a mov. or avi. Import as a sequence drop it on your timeline go to layer pick time re-map. It will act no different than a movie file.

artisanfx
03-12-2005, 08:42 AM
yes you can time remapping any seq

CGTalk Moderation
03-12-2005, 08:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.