PDA

View Full Version : Game Models For Pillage On Ps2 And Game Cube, Christianj (3D)

christianJ
09-20-2002, 12:14 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/14490/christianJ_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/galleryimages/14490/christianJ.jpg)

Some presentation of in game models for PILLAGE on ps2 and game cube. Characters about 2000 polys at full detail. Hope people like the style, a kind of graphic psudo toon shading.

Cheers

Christian.

RDK
09-20-2002, 01:41 PM
Very nice work mate, only prob I see is that his left shoe looks abit flat

christianJ
09-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Yeah, you have a fair point, I'll sneek in some extra vertices so it skins better with a bit more definition.

christianJ
09-20-2002, 03:27 PM
Here are some head tests, we were going to use fully rigged heads and lypsinc in the game but as ever, we didn't have the resources to take it beyond the r&d stage. Shame.

Anyway the higher resolution heads were about 650 polys but the mesh itself wasn't smoothed from the lowres version as we wanted it to look exactly the same in game so as to hide the transition in detail level. Texture was 128 128.

christianJ
09-20-2002, 03:31 PM
I'll try again.......

pabbloz
09-20-2002, 03:45 PM
wow! this is 3D?! :eek: I love it! really great work! and the concetp design is very nice! :thumbsup:
I really like it!
could you try to post again these lost images? :)

christianJ
09-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Hope this works....:annoyed:

christianJ
09-20-2002, 04:07 PM
A more typically proportioned hero with Reed Richards grey temples. Again around 2000 poly's. Rendered with very subtle lighting so as to give a more hand drawn feel.

Hope you like!

Cheers

Christiano. :) :)

christianJ
09-21-2002, 08:19 PM
A little droid character, again weighing in at 2000 polys. One of my favourites in the game this one. Hope you like.:) :) :)

pabbloz
09-21-2002, 09:31 PM
wow!! :eek: I love this thread! it's really really cool!
I can't believe this is 3D yet! could you demostrate it?! ;) :thumbsup: No, I really would like see some wire or normal render... this is very cool and seems 2D images with this awesome renderer. What software are you using?

btw.. the robos is very very nice!
Great job!

note: any chance to see an little animation with this kind of rendere?! :hmm:

fellah
09-21-2002, 10:16 PM
very nice style, not only the rendering style but the characters to, especially the first guy(my preferer)
is it gonna look exactly like this when you play the game, no? that would be really cool!

take care
// fellah

lildragon
09-21-2002, 10:29 PM
Incredible job!! I still can't believe this is 3D, you must show us a wireframe, this is to good :).

Can you tell us a little more about the app you used and what method was used to accomplish this style?

excellent :thumbsup:

MartinNH
09-21-2002, 10:47 PM
Wow! Very very nice. It looks 100% as if it were handpainted in photoshop or something.

Great work! :thumbsup:

AndrewBlodgett
09-22-2002, 12:03 AM
:wip: :bounce: :buttrock: Awesome -- show us more

Poison_Crow
09-22-2002, 12:23 AM
Very cool!!!:beer: i liked the 'full throttle-halflife-quake' stile
but just a tip..
the guns are a bit odd.. the first gun is a little bit strange..and the second looks like that you just put the gun in the front of the guy hand..

:) well... c'ya :)

Xilica
09-22-2002, 12:50 AM
Impressive :thumbsup:

Jago
09-22-2002, 12:59 AM
Truly amazing work! great stuff, i thought it was 2d at first!:surprised

seantree
09-22-2002, 12:59 AM
damn, i love that look. great looking stuff, i'll be looking for the game when its released. good job!!

mrgrundy
09-22-2002, 01:44 AM
Very Impresssive man hope to see more in the future

barley
09-22-2002, 02:51 AM
These are absolutely superb pieces of work mate, I love the cartoon style you have going with them all, and the very flat 2D render style is also very easy on the eye :D

Great stuff, makes me excited for when I get round to applying at dev offices. :)

Joril
09-22-2002, 03:56 AM
i thought it was 2d at first!
I also thought I ended up in the 2D forum. Looks great!
I'd also don't mind seeing some wireframes :D

satanatron
09-22-2002, 04:01 AM
Nice work...when's the game coming out?

Ston3D
09-22-2002, 04:36 AM
wow, awesome style... huhu, that'S the way i like it!

Ston3D
09-22-2002, 04:41 AM
Oh man, i am whatching the stuff for minutes now, falling in love.... may i see some wires? incredible reduction!

Tennis
09-22-2002, 05:07 AM
that's soo cool, i really love the style.
if you got more, then lets see....please ;)

facial
09-22-2002, 07:53 AM
Wow, I love this style, Well done and keep post. :eek: :thumbsup:

JohnD
09-22-2002, 07:55 AM
Damn...now those are some cool characters. Great work. I especially like the first guy with those awesome sideburns. Kinda reminds me of Jet Black from the Anime "Cowboy Bebop."

Totitch
09-22-2002, 10:15 AM
Wowowo!!! :bounce:

Amazing work again!
i will look at every "christianJ"'s post with a lot of attention now!!! ...Great 3D work, a good 2D thread too! :eek:

Welcome christian!

:applause:

The Magic Pen
09-22-2002, 10:26 AM
Excellent work !

playmesumch00ns
09-22-2002, 12:10 PM
Absolutely awesome stuff! Did you do the concept yourself, or are you the modeller? I love them!

Do they look like this in the game when moving? I mean it's a shame it's not on PC could then we'd be able to watch at higher res, like 1600X1200 4xFSAA, but it's not gong to look as good at PAL res... especially on PS2

Is there a webiste up where we can check more of this out, and get more info on the game?

christianJ
09-22-2002, 12:44 PM
the guns are a bit odd.. the first gun is a little bit strange..and the second looks like that you just put the gun in the front of the guy hand..

The weapon design is going to have a major overhall, I'm just waiting for some game design stuff so I can match the weapons to the special effects.

Cheers

Christiano.

christianJ
09-22-2002, 12:49 PM
"Those characters have really small biceps and huge forearms"

This was deliberate on the father character, I wanted a kind of ott popeye/blutoe thing going on with the rediculously prportioned forearms. Maybee its too much, I will certainly take on board your comments.

Cheers

Christian.:) :) :)

Poison_Crow
09-22-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by christianJ
[
The weapon design is going to have a major overhall, I'm just waiting for some game design stuff so I can match the weapons to the special effects.

Cheers

Christiano.
Cool, can you tell more about the game? Or say where i can find more info? :)

Thanks! :)

o-phile
09-22-2002, 06:37 PM
That ish is tight!
TIGHT LIKE A VIRGIN!
yeah... I'm new... hopefully I'll soon have some stuff up... big 3d fan, but I'm mainly a 2d artist by heart :)

one question though... has the cell plug-in/add-on made it to the new 3dsmax?

can't find it anywhere

KazuyaMochu
09-22-2002, 07:38 PM
Your a damn sadist man! you just post 4 pictures and talk about a PS2 game, and expecto to get away with it?

oh no way! You tell us more.

an, I'm still druuling! My chin fell off!

this... IS AMAZING

sure kicks the hell out of jetset radio shading! eh eh he

cheers

keep going.:thumbsup:

p.s.: POST MORE PICS!!!!!!!!

behave

christianJ
09-22-2002, 08:26 PM
And another....

This character was lying around in my sketch book for about 10 years, I finally got the chance to put it in a game. Alot of people have mentioned harry potter with this one. But it wasn't around when I did the origional sketch.

Another one of my favourites. The first post is this characters father.

It was modelled in max 4 and rendered with a tiny amout of lighting. the textures were self illuminated to 80 percent and are drawn with a graphic threshold shading approach.

The outline was added in photoshop. Because the characters are constantly moveing in the game engine there is no need for the outline. I will try and get permission to post some screen shots.

Cheers

Christiano.

Thanks for your kind reaction to the designs.
Can't wait to share the monsters with everyone.

christianJ
09-22-2002, 08:27 PM
Another pose...

dmonk
09-22-2002, 09:24 PM
great characters. i like the popeye arms.

christianJ
09-22-2002, 10:19 PM
Some heads.....

Myzery
09-22-2002, 11:14 PM
AWESOME work indeed!! Really awesome.

The toon style is truelly awesome.

I got one question though.. It's reather low-poly so, is it low-poly because it's shellshading? The black outlines.. I don't know but is that a poly eater?

Werkz
09-22-2002, 11:45 PM
This is brilliant work :eek: absolutely brilliant. I love the style, it reminds me alot of the older Lucas Arts games. Do you think you could drop a few hints about the game? Or at least tell us which studios are working on it?

Wasting your time like no other,
-Werkz

<edited, just pluralized games... I'm anal about that kind of thing>

christianJ
09-22-2002, 11:49 PM
"It's reather low-poly so, is it low-poly because it's shellshading?"

Its low poly because the base platform is playstation 2 and we have to have up to 14 characters on screen at once as well as the background. It would have been great to work on Xbox due to its superior processong power.

I decided to go for an angular, almost mike mignola look instead of struggling to get smooth shapes with such a small polygon budget.:) :) :)

Cheers

Christiano.

christianJ
09-22-2002, 11:55 PM
The game is being developed be zedtwo game design studio in manchester, england. Its called pillige and is a turn based action/stratergy game. I hope the team get the resources they need to add all the polish and kick ass special effects because the game has a great deal of potential.

Cheers

Christian

PS I'm going to pester a few people to get a web site sorted.

baby
09-23-2002, 12:23 AM
:bounce: :buttrock: :bounce:

Larry_g1s
09-23-2002, 01:54 AM
Looks Great. Very nice job.

And Viva la GAMECUBE ! ! ! <-----When's the game come out?

wmendez
09-23-2002, 03:36 AM
Great job indeed!!:bounce:

PotatoHead
09-23-2002, 07:14 AM
nice stuff!! i really like the cartoon style you've got there. but the low poly count sometimes makes the models look strange....like the fat guy's shoes.

RutRem
09-23-2002, 10:36 AM
very nice , toon shaders? or common textures? , bah what ever i like that ! expecially the marine with great foots.
____Its a parody on Quake , the game that r u workin for?
____Anyway great work Chris

Wiro
09-23-2002, 10:59 AM
VERY nice look! Roy at work showed me one of the animations and damn does it look sweet! That toon shader is different from anything else I've seen, more painterly than the usual 2D-cel. I'm really looking forward to seeing more. Hope to meet you again and have more of a talk than last time :)

Wiro

tex360
09-23-2002, 05:40 PM
wow man, thatīs amazing, are there any tutorials out there to teach some of us how to make it look 2D like that? Oh, one thing though the boots look a bit blurry on both characters unlike the rest of the body, but thatīs prolly because of texture size and its not that noticeable. Good job. Oh, also, does this game have a website with more pics? cause im really looking forward to a game with the style of your models.

Jonny Bubonic
09-23-2002, 06:05 PM
Nice work dude. Just a question...when you say psuedo toon-shaded so you mean that the textures are painted to look like they're cell-shaded, or is it some code thang? And the black line...is that a scaled version of the original with the normals flipped and textured black? I'm not looking to steal your secrets, I just wondered if you were doing it the same way as "Oni", which looked nice in stills, but a bit strange when moving, cause the shadows were fixed.
Anyway, keep it up guys, and good luck with the game.:thumbsup:

christianJ
09-23-2002, 06:41 PM
In answer to the toon shading question. I drew the textures so as to look hand painted with simple comic style threshold shading.
The outline is added in photoshop. When the characters are in game they dont need the outline as the motion helps define the character shape. Its really somewhere between herdy gerdy and a capcom/ powerstone look.

It would be nice if people had a go at doing more styles in the games industry so that there is a nice diversity. There seems to be alot of companies chasing the photoreal thing.

I like real and can see why it will be eternally popular. It would good for the industry if more styles were also developed.

:) :) :)

Cheers

christiano

I would like to do some more polished versions of these characters at some stage and use higher res textures and meshes.
Maybe for the gamecube version of the game.

christianJ
09-25-2002, 12:15 AM
Here is one of the creature designs. Again weighing in at about 2000 polys at full detail.

Hope you guys like it.

Cheers

Christiano.

ShwayMan
09-25-2002, 02:58 AM
That is really cool. I think you should keep the dark outlines in the game to give it more of that cartoon feel.

Jonny Bubonic
09-25-2002, 10:35 AM
I agree with Shwayman on the outlines...if you can find a way to do that in-game I reckon it would really add something. The only way I know how to do it for PS2 I mentioned already. Unfortunately it doubles the polycount on the model :thumbsdow so its probably not what you're after. I'm not sure that the Ps2 can do any fancy hardware shader tricks....hassle the coders ;)

sanhueza
09-25-2002, 07:49 PM
I love the characters and renders. I think the more dramatic lighting (like in the very first post) actually gives these images a more painterly/cartoon feel, and not the other way around. I'm really glad to see games branching off in new artistic styles. Cell-shading is beginning to get a little over-done in animation and games, but these renders retain a unique style that keeps them interesting. Great job!

- Me

www.sanhueza.com

spakman
09-25-2002, 09:43 PM
that's some wicked stuff!!!!

d=^)

Shogun
09-26-2002, 12:41 AM
It would good for the industry if more styles were also developed.
Definately. There are so many variations to try. I'd love to see more stuff like gio gio's bizzare adventure (graphically,) which was interesting or completely different stuff like a game with the graphical style of Dudok de Wit's "The monk & the fish" or whatever. Even things like Parrapa the rapper, Vib ribbon, Rez, Ico etc, which at least try to take a different route.
Anyway, amazing work - please post more when you can. Also when is the game due out? The name rings a bell, should be one to look out for.

christianJ
10-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Ah at last a female character, her name is caraway. A kind of ethnik lara croft. 2100 polys.

It was fun doing this character, hope people like her.

There will be a pillige website up and running soon.

Cheers

Christiano.

christianJ
10-08-2002, 12:10 PM
and a side pose..........

Ace Azzameen
10-08-2002, 01:00 PM
Kickass!

christianJ
10-09-2002, 06:17 PM
This one makes me laugh, I was seeing how far I could take the proportions without going out of the style. Less than 2000 polygons although I may add some geometry around the boots to define the join a bit better.

Hope you like it.

Cheers

Christiano.

lildragon
10-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Complete and utter insanity!!! I can't believe how amazing these are... you don't have a tut on how to achieve this type of render by chance do ya? :D

can't believe it, I've plugged ya twice in a matter of weeks... keep up the amazing work :thumbsup:

salud

spakman
10-09-2002, 06:26 PM
Once again, those are some seriously wicked lines there. The silhouettes are massive statements. No question marks anywhere. Some solid shiznit!

L8 d=^)

Vic
10-09-2002, 06:38 PM
i have'nt read all the post, just been looking at the images. great work! does your employer know you are posting these?:)

christianJ
10-09-2002, 07:44 PM
the employer wants the game plugging as much as possible. I cheaked with the directors at ZEDTWO and as far as they are concerned any exposure at this stage will only create awareness of the game "pillige". Its really close to completion. The internet is a great place to pass stuff around.

I know that some companies are really tight on non-disclosure. Thats cool, but I believe that the best place to get feedback about your game and its design content is the internet. If you have an amazingly origional title no one has done yet then its fair enough to hold back on all the aspects of the title.

I will try and put together a tutorial but all I have really done is textured the models as if they were comic illustrations with bold threshold shading.

My biggest inspiation for this is powerstone and the capcom character designers. I like Joe madueria for his striking shilohettes.

Cheers

For the feedback everyone. It makes me want to try harder in future.

Cheers

Christiano.

Vic
10-09-2002, 07:47 PM
its cool that the company lets you post your work! most of the places i have worked at, they are very tight lipped about the project and want no material to leek out.

jeb
10-09-2002, 08:52 PM
i love lowpoly characters like this, because they are so hard to do.

style perfect!

please wires, wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires,wires!!!!!!!!!!!

some of us could learn a lot from you. wold be cool to see the uv layout too.

keep them coming.

baby
10-09-2002, 09:38 PM
is really amazing...
I love the blue alien !!! :buttrock:

moose droppings
10-09-2002, 10:31 PM
whoa these are really killer. seeing stuff like this pumps me up for graduating school and getting (hopefully) a job making games.

beautiful stuff. i like the little 'un the best :D

Grayscale
10-09-2002, 10:44 PM
I've been following this thread for a while...I absolutely love the style of the characters. Being a character animator, I can't wait to see some of these guys/girls in motion. Especially that robot guy. He looks like he'd be fun to animate.

Great Job!

Book
10-10-2002, 04:43 AM
Very cool characters! Please let us know when there's a site with game screens online. I want to see the worlds they live in. Great design.

Makes me want to get back into the games industy...;)

strick9
10-10-2002, 06:59 PM
Nice work, I cant wait to check this game out!

Quick question, You mentioned "skinning" Is this the same function as "smoothing" in Maya or a different technique.

Please forgive if the question is stupid I am new to 3d Design.

christianJ
10-10-2002, 07:35 PM
Skinning is when you bind the mesh to the skeleton. I think its called the same thing universaly.

Cheers

Christiano.

Buisy on my new project. RESCUE PATROL.

Dominique
10-10-2002, 09:03 PM
*****stars,

christianJ
10-13-2002, 03:01 PM
The General. Less than 2000 polys, around 1800.

There is a higher detail head for the facial expressions all of which is feasable in the game engine useing level of detail head swaps for close ups.

Hope you like him. I went for a pure stereotype on this one.

Cheers

Christian

christianJ
10-13-2002, 03:02 PM
and some expressions.

Jonny Bubonic
10-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Nice...would be cool to see his moustache going a bit crazier in the different expressions though :D

Werkz
10-15-2002, 05:50 PM
Whee! Good stuff just keep it comming and comming. :drool: I'm particularly taken by the nose of this last character.

ceriel
10-16-2002, 08:55 AM
Yes, this is very nice!
This style is so cool. The Elvis figure is awesome!
My compliments !!

christianJ
10-20-2002, 05:55 PM
This creature is around the 2500 polygon mark so I had too do a really low poly optamised version for level of detail purposes. It was either this or loose the extra arms which i liked too much.

Hope you like it.

Cheers

ChristianJ

z8er
10-31-2002, 03:24 AM
:drool: wow
:D

christianJ
11-22-2002, 01:38 PM
Just finished a boss character. 3500 polys. Going for a bit of humour on this one. Hope people like it. Going to do some animation tests when I get time.

Cheers

Christian

christianJ
11-22-2002, 02:23 PM
another view.............

christianJ
11-22-2002, 02:29 PM
The embryo.............

christianJ
11-22-2002, 02:35 PM
It can fly too.....

spakman
11-22-2002, 06:54 PM
madskillz!!!! what can I say? dood yr stuff STILL rocks!!!! (and keeps on rockin)

What I also dig about your art, is that I know you won't assassinate its soul when you bring it to 3d.

peace d=^)

Marc Andreoli
11-23-2002, 10:12 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Those characters are incredible, especially that last 'embryo' one...

may I ask how you do the facial expressions ? Are you using different textures for the mouth and morphing geometry ? Just wondering.

cool stuff ! :thumbsup:

christianJ
11-23-2002, 11:38 AM
The heads were rigged and then morph targets were created.

Cheers

Christian

Jeffo
11-28-2002, 04:39 PM
my god, i just came across this thread now, absolutely beautiful work there!! both the style and the finished render!! excellent stuff! :) :thumbsup:

christianJ
01-01-2003, 06:03 PM
montage1

SPIDER2544
01-02-2003, 04:41 AM
wow thats how the pros do it

awsome model great style

and its amazing that you were able to pull such life out of so few polys

awsome work

DaKrunch
01-02-2003, 01:36 PM
amazing...
how do you animate the expressions?

hope you'll find the time (and the will.. :) ) to make a tutorial of this texturing!

good job man you've got talent!
:thumbsup:

Piet
01-03-2003, 10:56 AM
I like the Characters very much. It would be great if you could maybe post a wireframe and texturemap?
thx

christianJ
01-03-2003, 12:08 PM
Here is a texturemap of the female character. I like bold and simple colour schemes and distinctive shiloettes. I used to do very detailed textures ,they looked good as renders but far to detailed for a tv screen. For this project I chose a graphic, almost comic book style of texturing. Adding tone and shading in blocks of colour rather than a smoothly blended.

Capcoms 2d comic style influenced this as well as the bold yet simple colour schemes. Powerstone was also an inspiration.

I would like to see more studios try different styles and give their products a distinct identity. There are so many stles between cutesy and photoreal that could be developed. I hope to see more of these in 2003.

Wires to follow.

Piet
01-03-2003, 01:55 PM
Thanks for posting! Sometimes I wonder why most 3d looks the same, when there are so many possible styles to be created... its nice to see something different thats looking as good as your characters.

SecseanZ
01-04-2003, 03:15 AM
WOW! wanna be my friend? Plus -Im a nice guy. J/K
-SEAN

mikey111
01-04-2003, 03:55 AM
great work!

almost unbelieve this is 3d mode ,

hope you can show your 3d wireframe!!!!

:bounce:

jfalconer
01-04-2003, 04:13 AM
There is only one word to describe my emotions when viewing these models... ah yes, "Viva"...

I have a strong feeling that Pillage is going to be a verrrrrrry successful videogame if the gameplay lives up to the artwork. I mean, this is going to be the cover story on many magazines, I'm sure of it... its just so awesome looking.

And I don't think the models will lose much appeal when rendered sans outlines, because the new Zelda game looks wicked without the typical cel shader outlines anyway. This'll definitely be in my Gamecube library.

christianJ
01-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Wires of scallion.

wanzai
01-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Amazing works! Great expressions!

For this project I chose a graphic, almost comic book style of texturing. Adding tone and shading in blocks of colour rather than a smoothly blended.

I would like to see more studios try different styles and give their products a distinct identity.

I actually tried a similiar style before, but the result wasn't too hot. Now I know it just has to be done right :)

Would love to see them animated.

Stygian
01-04-2003, 04:23 PM
Great work man I really like your style I found some screens of the game here screen shots (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,562078,00.html)

They look really good in game too. Congrats on a job well done. :applause:

christianJ
01-28-2003, 05:25 PM
hero montage

Sausage
01-28-2003, 05:28 PM
This is not the work of a human.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :bounce: :buttrock:

hom
01-28-2003, 05:31 PM
Definately not the work of a human

:applause: :applause: :applause:

- John

Wiro
01-28-2003, 05:31 PM
This is NOT the work of a human!!!

Make me coffee!

:beer: :applause: :beer: :applause: :beer:

Wiro

ninja noodle
01-29-2003, 07:40 AM
man..... those characters are totally amazing! i love the look! i think it has a unique style to it! very impressive!!!
keep up the good work! :buttrock:

christianJ
01-30-2003, 01:29 PM
I'm just about finished on this project now.

Cheers for all your comments and feedback, the response to the style has given me alot of confidance to develop this and other styles in the future.

Cheers

Christian

lildragon
01-30-2003, 02:02 PM
Ah christianJ I'm glad this thread popped back up, I need to add you to the cgtalk hall of fame gallery tonight, this is a nice reminder for me :)

salud

Wiro
01-30-2003, 02:13 PM
Chris has been prodding me to remind you but I always refused cause he won't make me coffee :D

But honestly, Chris makes some great game graphics (Hom, Sausage and me sit in the same room as him) and definately deserves to be in the gallery!

Wiro

lildragon
01-30-2003, 11:03 PM
hero montage

Send me a large render on the montage tito@cgnetworks.com

P.S. wiro :p
salud

BassoLTD
01-31-2003, 03:01 PM
:thumbsup:

Stuff looks great. Love the style!

~Lawrence

urgaffel
02-01-2003, 04:52 PM
So when will we see the game? Your characters look so awesome... I wanna play it!

AndreKling
03-15-2003, 01:25 PM
JESUS CHRIST!!!! This is too cool to be true, i love this characters, AWESOME. One of the things I liked most is the color pallete. Who decide it? The guy who models? the guy who do the first draw of the charc? the director? The company president?
I hope u guys releaze this one for PC too.
Congrat.
Andre Kling David:airguitar :airguitar

DrAdamDinosaur
03-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Great, I was hoping that this would re surface. How is the project going? Are there any more models or even in game shots yet? Looking forward to seeing more.

mindrot
03-16-2003, 03:43 PM
hehehe cool character... pretty unique looking cell shading

bugo
03-16-2003, 05:51 PM
dude, thats is a kickass style, you have shown us your work and I am really amazed!!!! gooood job!!! :thumbsup:

christianJ
03-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Cheers for your intrest. I'm no longer working on pillage. The game is in the hands of the programmers and designers . From what I hear it is looking good and is practically finished. A high profile publisher is interested in the title.

Its a difficult time to be in the games industry at the moment. Esspecially if you are interested in doing origional products. Publishers no longer seem willing to take a risk.

kanalje
03-18-2004, 09:29 PM
oooh so, so cool! i just love to see artist trying something beyond just technical excellence! and with sooo many older players today, the retro-factor is positive! it reminds me of advance wars. and that game gives me sweeet chillz!

TETRAGRAMMATON
07-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Good,good job.

CGTalk Moderation
07-21-2005, 12:15 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.