PDA

View Full Version : Premiere getting lost with image sequences... any help?

morimitsu
03-07-2005, 12:10 PM
Hi, I`m using Windows XP Japanese version with Adobe Video Collection 2.5, English.
When I import a bunch of many targa sequence files created in Maya to edit in Adobe Premiere, it works like a charm, the alpha channel works as well.
But when I save the project and open it again, Premiere get lost!
It doesn`t know where the files are! And I have to pick all the missing files again...
Any clues? I didn`t have time to test with normal avi or qt files formats.
Is this a image sequence problem? Anyone here have had the same problems?

vedo3
05-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Of course, when you open the project it needs all "rushes"-files you used to edit the final. If you don't have them, only your Timeline is there, with edited project, rashes are not. If you don't need rushes to reedit the project but you like to have the final edit as project, cancel the search for files and when project opens, do "save", so it will not ask you for files next time you open the project.

But I'm wondering why do you need to reopen the project??? After you finish the final, do "Export Movie" and save it as XX.avi. Later you can play it using Windows Media Player. People reopen the finalized project only if they need to do some corrections. After they are sure that don't need to change anything they export the movie to Hard Disk and erase all rushes.

That's the way it works.

azmin
05-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi there...

That's strange, I'm using Premiere Pro 1.5 (and before that 6.5) and imported image sequences all the time (cinema 4d); tga, tiff and png apart from the usual avi dv files. The only time I needed to search for any files again when I reopen the project are when:

1. I've actually (accidently) erased the files
2. I've moved the files to a new location

Other than that I've never come across this problem.

Hope you'll be able to identify the cause.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2005, 09:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.