PDA

View Full Version : Spirited Away USA release date

Array
09-20-2002, 03:11 AM
Heres a list of dates and locations:

http://www.nausicaa.net/miyazaki/newspro/latest_news.shtml#newsitem1032466459,49920,

alphatron
09-20-2002, 04:48 AM
Saw this at the Toronto International Film Festival 2 weeks ago with the english voice acting. Probably the best American overdub for an animation that I've ever heard.. really top notch voice acting all around. And I'm glad they went with more unknown voice actors, I always find it a bit distracting when they go for big-name actors for animated movies (Shrek is an exception because of the caricature of the voices).

Hayao Miyazaki was there in person to present the film and do a Q&A after. When asked what his inspiration and motivation for the film was, he replied "I've always wanted to make a movie about a bath-house" :)

kmaylahn
09-20-2002, 10:31 PM
best ever !!!

its alwas the same i read on every new topic posted.

BrandonD
09-21-2002, 12:00 AM
Ugh, while I'm looking forward to this release, it's still hard to top some of his earlier work like "Castle of Cagliostro", "Laputa" and "Porco Rosso." His newer films are less slap-stick comedy and more spiritual and dramatic. Guess it's artistic maturity. I for one am glad that he's getting the worldwide recognition that he deserves.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.