PDA

View Full Version : Simple Bolean issue

chyv1083
03-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Hello everyone! I am having a simple issue with boleans. I am trying to make a cube with about 6 cylinders goin thru it then i want to do a boolean operation (difference) with looks somethin like what i have below

------------
0 0 0 0 0 0 <== holes in the cube
------------

When i get to the 4 or 5th one it does not cut the cube it just closes up and looks like i projected a circle onto the surface. I have tried deleting the face but it only selects the whole side of the cubes whole face. I know that you can do this in nurbs by creating a nurbs cube and projecting circles then trimming it but you cant attach trimmed surfaces and i want this piece to be one object when im finished which is why im trying to do it in polygons. Anyhelp would be appretiated. Thank you

BlackL1ghtn1ng
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
you might have better luck if you create a segment with just one circle booleaned into it, then copied that segment 6 times, deleted the end polys and welded the edge verts together. This should give you the desired result without overloading Max's crappy boolean system.

CGTalk Moderation
03-05-2005, 09:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.