PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Painted Set Design

The Funimator
03-04-2005, 12:52 PM
Kind people out there.... Me again. The Funimator. I'm new here. And i'm also new to photoshop painting environment. This one of my beginner-type of 2D illustration product. Please give me your most cruelest critic as u can.
Me ready for them. :)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/kent78wong/setDesign1.jpg

The Funimator
03-08-2005, 05:14 AM
hi all... mind to give some comment? your comment will be highly appreciated. :)

Cheehad
03-08-2005, 07:06 AM
Heh..I think the sword and the clouds are too blurry ! Try to sharpen them !
Oh i don't know ! :wise:

The Funimator
03-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Hey dude.. thanks for the comment... i will take ur advice and try to come out a better and sharpened one... thank you so much for commenting. really appreciate. :)
anybody have other good advice for a beginner here? so that i can improve in future? thank you in advanced...... :)

Ozymandias
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
i like the style you've got going, I think it works really well. Though i think the walkway doesn't have enough separation between its end and the piece of rock the sword is on. Plus, you could think about adding some weather to give mood, a little rain might give it more atmosphere. Just some thoughts, keep up the good work.

Cheehad
03-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Oh and if you know how do create a fog, than try to add a little fog. Specially add fog to back where are the little stones. Then you can say they are far ! :)

Swizzle
03-08-2005, 04:22 PM
Looks pretty interesting so far and I think your style is pretty neat. In my opinion the image could use a bit of tweaking though.

You have a whole bunch of lightning and nowhere for it to go. Maybe you should take a few of the lightning bolts out and just have one big one? Perhaps you could even have the sword get struck by it? You might also want to brighten the image up a bit because of all the light that would be cast. Perhaps add some sharp highlights and shadows.
I would suggest that you have something in the distance like a break in the clouds. That will give the image more interest as people look at it. Just make sure you don't make it the focal point of the image. You'll probably also want to draw the clouds above in; right now it looks like a dark and cloudless night.
Perhaps you could add some texture to the ground to make it more interesting. A trail towards the sword maybe?
Try adding more crags and cracks and such to the bottom of the floating platforms, this will make them look a bit more like they've been floating there for a long time and lost pieces or something.
Since the sword is really the main subject of the picture, add more detail. Make yourself happy with it. Make it look as cool as possible.
I hope this helps. Remember, these are just suggestions to try to get you to think about it more or in a different way. Find something fun and run with it!

Shin Tsuki
03-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I agree with swizz on all his points. The lightning is certainly too much. Especially the one on the right. Try to make it not so forked. And keep in mind that it's pretty rare to see so many lightning strikes in the sky all at the same time. Clouds at the top of the image would really balance things out. I like the sword design, but i'm not sure about the scale. Is it a really huge sword, or are the chains just really small? you could add a sillouetted bird or something as reference for size, maybe. And the floating rock platforms are pretty flat on the top. If they're just rock, I imagine they may be more rough and uneven on the top. Also about the rocks, they look like they're glowing. I don't know if that's intentional or not. I think that if you take care of these things, your picture will really start to come together. Keep working on it. :)

The Funimator
03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
hey guys... really milliions thanks for the commend and advices.. i will take consideration of every advices you guys mentioned above. I'll work on it soon. And really thanks for the time to look into my drawings.... i will keep all the points in mind and improve myself in near future. :)
since i stilll have not mastered all functions in photoshop yet, i may need little more time to find out any better ways to come out better results... unless u guys have any good or professional web sites that i can learn from ? hehe.... anyway i will still keep working on it... thanks again guys . I appreciate it. :)

CGTalk Moderation
03-09-2005, 04:52 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.