PDA

View Full Version : WIP : Thrall (warcraft)

LiQuiD12
03-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey guys/girls...

Im pretty new at this stuff, so if any crits could be fired my way ide be happy, be as harsh as u like :)

References used from my wc3 game manual....i sketched him then attempted to paint over him.

I think the nose/ear rings looks quite flat, any idea's or tutorials on how to make them more 3d?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/LiQuiD12/WIPthrallforcrits.jpg

Thanks for any replies in advance.

Xillion
03-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Hi fellow, here is Xillion, level 18 tauren shammy from Zanedar speaking :)
You can work on light/shadow contrasts to enhance the 3d feeling.
I think earrings and nose are not bad, just apply the same concept all over.

Notanymore
03-04-2005, 06:31 PM
You should draw an original pose of Thrall, it would be better than copying an already existing picture...
btw good job, keep up

LiQuiD12
03-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Hi fellow, here is Xillion, level 18 tauren shammy from Zanedar speaking :)
You can work on light/shadow contrasts to enhance the 3d feeling.
I think earrings and nose are not bad, just apply the same concept all over.

Here is a level 28 orc warlock from aszune speaking :)

Thanks 4 replys... ill post updates as i go along.

NauticaC
03-04-2005, 08:48 PM
I like the hair effect that you used on him. I personally think you did a good job and I agree with you on the nose area. I would also clean up the tounge area too a little bit. Just seems like random strokes for the tounge. Good job :)

ditchman
03-04-2005, 09:26 PM
try to bear in mind that large sticking out features ( the brow area, the nose) will cast shadows on the face.. the eye in particular stuck me as being too well lit

visionist
03-04-2005, 10:11 PM
I agree with ditchman but also think about bounce light i have notice that when i just add a little light coming from the bottom or the oppisit of the light i notice it makes a huge differance and makes things pop out and look more 3d cool at a bunch of ref of stuff with the same texture properties as you are making look at photos of nose rings and ear rings and skin textures and see how it interacts with light. Your key is lighting:)

~~Visionist~~

LiQuiD12
03-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Thanks... ill look at that :thumbsup:

I havn't started to detail up any of the bottom part yet, thats why the tongue is just a huge brush stroke. Its quite complicated that bit, all the saliva from the reference so im leaving it till last :eek:

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2005, 01:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.