PDA

View Full Version : Hi---- UVWS---MAYA4

florizal
09-19-2002, 02:00 PM
Alright so i wanna map a mix of textures with different
projections such as planar and autoproject each on serperate uvws or however appropriate
now these map will be mapped to a cps proxy in maya

The problem is the textures swim
When I turn up the resolution on the proxy, the mapping from low res which is equalivant to the poly base goes checkerboard times ten

Now I have tried create texture reference object- textures still swim- I have tried all kinds of options and things and what not

The only thing I know to do is actually duplicate the model once you are finished modeling and textureing- dump the cps and not use it to drive the high res for animation purposes and with the duplicate- transfer uvw back to the original after you have cleaned history and all and then just simply apply a poly smooth when ready to render---- thats all i know to do to get the textures to pin down when animating

SO MUCH FOR THE CONFOUNDED CPS v.78BILLION

Anyone now a proper method and routine and yes i have read all about uvws several times
And about making shells
I have at one time the only uv you can texture is the default "map1" in any situation for anything to work right
so much for layering uvws

well if there is a glitch in the matrix, some one pleaseeeee help meee...

Florizal
ps
These are the guys i am trying to texture----
BY THE way I AM NOT A NEW MEMBER =( why did i get reset?=0 )=

florizal
09-19-2002, 02:54 PM
these pictures demonstrate my new attempt at mapping and still wanting the advantage of animating with cps base and proxy

but textures wont mapp in this case if i apply something then the mesh goes transparent

here is my approach for laying out uvs..

now after all of this -even if someone helps me get this method to work- then back to the swiming texture problem when animating ---how to fix that?

thanks
Florizal

replies in ORDER 1,2,3 "PICS"

florizal
09-19-2002, 02:55 PM
Fine print on pic

florizal
09-19-2002, 02:56 PM
Fine print on pic

playmesumch00ns
09-19-2002, 03:17 PM
Assuming you've got the right SGs assigned to the right faces, you just go Window>Relationship Editors>UV Editing>UV-Centric Then link up the UV sets to the right materials.

The transparent texture is what Maya shows when there is no UV set assigned to the shading group on those faces

florizal
09-19-2002, 07:52 PM
OK MODELING HAS ALWAYS BEEN FIRST HAND

Texturing-- after months of trying to solve the CPS mystery

Your one lil line linked up right where i needed it to with all my trial and error

so now my textures will not swim with the resolution on cps down or up-max use of 2 subdivisions

i have never used the uv centric
now all i need to know is all about complex shader networks and all those billions of utilities and the reason for them

=)

THANKS BUNCHES
FLORIZAL

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.