PDA

View Full Version : Ninjai: Chapter 8 now online

lildragon
09-19-2002, 12:53 PM
Incredible chapter, very long, and the music really tells the story here..

http://www.ninjai.com/chapter08.php

Incredible job

tinkertbc
09-19-2002, 02:22 PM
Very Cool! :thumbsup:

PotatoHead
09-19-2002, 02:49 PM
whats that page about? i want to know because i have 56k and i dont want to waste bandwidth if its not interesting for me:D
sorry...:arteest:

lildragon
09-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by PotatoHead
whats that page about? i want to know because i have 56k and i dont want to waste bandwidth if its not interesting for me:D

http://www.ninjai.com

PotatoHead
09-19-2002, 03:04 PM
sorry, i know i'm dumb....:shrug:

HapZungLam
09-19-2002, 03:09 PM
oh man, do you guys has the same problem as i am having when i wachingn Ninjai?

always watching in the middle of it, either the sound went out. or IE kicking me out. i've to retry and retry again to watch the whole thing. that's pain.....

anyone has the same problem?

urgaffel
09-19-2002, 03:26 PM
ARGH!!! I want episode 9 noooooooooow!!!

And I have to agree with lild, the music/sound design is really really good. Surprisingly good actually. Except for the voices ;)

Hapzunglam, you can download it and watch it "at home" :) Just go into view source and you should be able to find the swf.

LucentDreams
09-19-2002, 04:57 PM
man it seams each episod eis made quicke rthan the last, but they keep getting better and longer, how fdo they do it. I love the little boys acting and voice, but all the other voices always annoy the heck out of me. Its funny to go back and watch the first episode, man was that bad compared to the quality now.

E_Moelzer
09-19-2002, 05:01 PM
Hehe, seems like it was the last episode, or not?
;-)
Well, we will see what is going to happen.
Oh, I have problemes as well (sound braking off, IE closing etc). Not on all computers though, some work better, some make troubles, could depend on the browser- version or something...
CU
Elmar

Per-Anders
09-19-2002, 05:29 PM
it could be a memory allocation problem.. or the disk cache isn't large enough in the ie settings... dunno, worked fine for me. another beautiful peice of work... let's hope this isn't the last episode!

pants
09-19-2002, 05:36 PM
:eek: holy crap man! thanks for linking that, i NEEEED to watch the other 7 chapters like right now (or possibly yesterday) but i am sure school will find a means of getting in the way.

again, :eek:

SheepFactory
09-19-2002, 05:58 PM
Grrr , I cant watch a single episode without flash crashing on me.

I wanna know what happens at the end of chapter 8 :annoyed:

By the way , does anyone know the name of the main theme song?

A|i

LucentDreams
09-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Sheep Factory

A|i

I wish, I owuld download it in a sec if I knew. Don't know why everyone is ahving troubles iwht flash mx and this film, I watched this episode while doing some memory intensive rendering, I watched my ram go all the way to one and stay there during the whole flash film, when it was finishe back up to 6 mb of free ram so I doubt it would be a memory issue, weird whatever it is, glad to say for once my computer is doing something right :)

monotypic
09-19-2002, 06:35 PM
o__0

watching the other 7 NOW....

NanoGator
09-19-2002, 06:47 PM

A|i

Blub blub.

*Edit: I thought ya meant 7, not 8. Got a little confused by the post that said they wanted 9 heh. Sorry. I didn't get to the end cos flash gave me probs too. Doh. I tell u what, Im hooked.

Dominique
09-19-2002, 07:03 PM
au revoir, little Ninjai,

Volker
09-19-2002, 07:16 PM
Is it me, or am I the only one that thinks the timing is really off? I was watching this thing and found myself really bored, waiting for something to happen. Some of those pans and held frames were held for an unbelievably long time(even for anime!). Like that zoom on the little ninjai's face while he was underwater. The picture would fade out, and then fade back in almost right were it faded out again?! Things like that just seemed painfully slow to me. Call me crazy...

~Zach

NanoGator
09-19-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Babyhopper
Is it me, or am I the only one that thinks the timing is really off? I was watching this thing and found myself really bored, waiting for something to happen. Some of those pans and held frames were held for an unbelievably long time(even for anime!). Like that zoom on the little ninjai's face while he was underwater. The picture would fade out, and then fade back in almost right were it faded out again?! Things like that just seemed painfully slow to me. Call me crazy...

~Zach

Um... didn't you have audio?

slaughters
09-19-2002, 07:23 PM
The same thing that happened at the end of the last chapter, but now he is not wet.

Good music. Good Art. Pacing could be improved. A lot !

There was at least one section where a fade to black occured and was held for at least 20 seconds (music kept playing) !!!!! Slow and sedate pacing to set a mood is all fine and dandy. But, my gosh, 20 seconds without any image !! There were also numerous times where different transition effects felt like they were taking just as long.

Keep the concept. Edit the piece to be only about 3/4ths as long.

Thats my opinon and I'm sticking to it !!!

Well, at least I think I'm sticking to it.
That is, unless of course, some one else thinks differently.
Then maybe... possibly... I'll change my mind if you think it is a good idea.

NanoGator
09-19-2002, 07:26 PM
Hmm I didn't have an issue with the timing. Maybe it was too subtle, but the '20 seconds of black' had some subtle flashing.

I dunno, it captured the mood with me.

arvid
09-19-2002, 07:36 PM
waaaaaah!! :cry: poor lil' fella!! :hmm: :sad:

Gringo
09-19-2002, 07:55 PM
It did kinda drag a bit for me, even with audio. Got a little bored watching Little Ninjai underwater.

LucentDreams
09-19-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Babyhopper

~Zach

Oh even with music it is definitely too slow, but seriously, I watch all the student films from my school and thats the most common mistake, I'm used to seeing it, at least many of these are for dramatic purposes, the music helps a lot, but there are some that are way too long, especially the black.

E_Moelzer
09-19-2002, 08:13 PM
I just hope that, if there is another episode it will be a bit faster (in terms of storytelling) than the last 3 ones. I would have put those 3 into two episodes. The first episodes had much more speed IMHO (despite episode 2 maybe, but this felt still wayyy faster than the last ones).
BTW, Sheep factory, you asked about the music.
I like it a lot, as it adds a lot to the mood of the story and this one was certainly custom- made for ninjai, so I dont think it would be available anywhere or has any special name.
CU
Elmar

ShwayMan
09-19-2002, 11:09 PM
I don't like the voice acting the the Ninjai character.

NanoGator
09-19-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by ShwayMan
I don't like the voice acting the the Ninjai character.

Funny, I think his voice is the best part. Can't explain why, I just found it very dramatic. It establishes his character that he's a simple, driven person.

Nahaz
09-20-2002, 12:09 AM
Almost fell asleep during this episode.

I still say the bird is the best charactor! :)

stephen2002
09-20-2002, 12:11 AM
That was neat the way it was all done in Flash.

Quite impresive movie. Although I would have to agree that it was a little slow in parts. Now I am wanting to know what happens next, as it seems to have hit a dead end if you actually killed the little guy. If he lives...it would be neat for him to be awake and free of the ropes and then be pulled up or something. Anyway, awaiting Chp9.

The story would have worked fine without that strange cussing person in Chapter 2.

The lizards were very strange, their motions seemed a little bit too repetative, but everybody needs to take a shortcut here and there.

overall, quite impressive.

Cheshire
09-20-2002, 12:26 AM
I am sorry for all of you, do what you can to see them. I love them! The boys voice is great, but some of the others have also annoyed me, but not too much.

Now Gimme another EP!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

BgDM
09-20-2002, 01:45 AM
All I can say is WOW!

I need to see the first 7 chapters of this now. Where the hell have I been!!!

The feeling and emotions brought out by this chapter make me want to punch my monitor in and cry at the same time. Can't wait to see more.

BgDM

kdub
09-20-2002, 01:47 AM
I've been fallowing this series from day one, and the guys at ninjai are doing an amazing job, and the quality of their work continues to improve. It would be nice to see something like this on TV. I have seen a shift away from violence and more towards story, which I like, but I still would like to see some heads roll, and I hope that happens soon.

Great Episode!

Nikodemus
09-20-2002, 01:56 AM
:applause: impressively done as usual! and double the great music this time :applause:

*waits eagerly for next chapter* :cool:

Gentle Fury
09-20-2002, 04:56 AM

Unfortunatly all the music is completely original, so there is no getting ahold of it.............yet! The ninjai gang is kinda hard up for dough at the moment (mainly because they refuse to put banners or pop-ups on the site) But they are planning releasing a soundtrack, a cd-rom and a DVD set. So, keep your eyes peeled!!! and if there are any TV execs out there, give em a chance!!!! they rule, they get thousands of hits an hour to see this free high quality show!!! If they had a good break and could get some real voice actors (sorry, i love the series, but the voice acting is B-A-D!) They could make a really awesome show!!!

Keep it up guys, i cant wait for epi 9!!!

Happy Rendering!!!!!

hog
09-20-2002, 08:30 AM
mine doesnt even load!!!!!!!!!!flash!!@@##$$%%^&:annoyed:

lmc
09-20-2002, 08:34 PM
i like it...:applause:

dtrimble
09-21-2002, 07:56 AM
Wow, thanks for posting the link, Such great work.
On the pacing issue: maybe they are trying to push the dramatics as far as they can, thus to us now it may seem kinda boring and can lead to us(the veiwer) being pulled out of the story. But, like the jump cut, it may become something appealing if done often enough for the veiwer to expect and for a purpose.

Or it could be just a flaw from inexperience.

Frankly, I can't wait to see their live action stuff.

RobinOberg
09-21-2002, 09:55 AM
alot of asian movies use the same melody that is in the maine theme song of this flash series.

as to chapter 8, i think its way better then chapter 7. but still, only one thing happened.

Phugative
09-21-2002, 05:11 PM
I too felt the pacing was a bit slow, but Ninjai is done in an anime style or japanese style. Much of their work in comics and literature has a much slower deliberate pacing. It makes the scenery a character, the mood is important, you are meant to linger on what happens, derive meaning. Nonetheless that episode did take tooooo damn long. Ninjai is pretty good in its own right, not too original, doesn't blow me away, but I still tune in for each episode.

Lucid1313
09-21-2002, 05:42 PM
The music was amazing in that chapter. I wonder who does the score for them. I've been watching all along and my favorite is still Chapter 2" F***K I always forget my ****ing name!!!" lol
Great story so far even if some chapter have been a bit slow.
Can't wait to see 9 now!

jerO
01-29-2003, 11:22 PM
great work, kudos for keeping at it and not blowing it off halfway through the series :)

if i had a nickel for every unfinished project i've been excited about...

... i'd have about a buck fiddy.

jerO

Alienkissed
01-30-2003, 05:35 AM
simply... wow.
i watched all of the available episodes this evening. Thanks for sharing.

Mahlon
01-30-2003, 06:07 AM
Chapter 8? Whut'ch'all talkin'bout? They're up to Chapter 10 aren't they? :beer:

Mahlon

Mahlon
01-30-2003, 06:10 AM
Oh, :rolleyes: Just checked the dates on the thread......too much alkihol and good times.

Mahlon

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.