PDA

View Full Version : New to modeling, need body help!

Diogenes
03-03-2005, 07:01 AM
First off, if you need any other pics, just ask. I saved a bunch just in case, mainly wireframe.

I'm fairly new to 3DsMax(6) and modeling, so there's a lot I don't know how to do. I made it up as I went along to this point, but I'm accepting that I need to ask for help. The only help I've used yet was that Joan of Arc tutorial, and I kinda went my own way about it. Used references, too (lots of anatomy stuff). But, I just don't know how to model very much, and I don't want Joan's body for this guy. So what I'm asking is if anyone knows of, or has, a good tutorial or guide on how to go about making bodies, male or female (since I need to make a girl next). Thank you. :)

arash
03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
You need to study human anatomy. You have to know about the muscles in order to build a good model. Using tutorials will only help you to a point.
Anatomy books are usualy very cheap, buy one and practise before modeling in a 3d software.

Diogenes
03-03-2005, 10:22 PM
Thank you. :) Though I have no problem finding stuff on anatomy, my main issue is going about modeling it. I don't know how to accurately space edges/vertices for areas from about the chest down. I'll practice plenty, but I was just looking for maybe different ways of going about it. I don't like copying, so there should be no worry there, I just tend to be off a bit when it comes to making things so I spend too much time adjusting and adjusting. I don't mean to waste anyone's time, if I do. Thanks again. ^_^

jmBoekestein
03-03-2005, 11:34 PM
Well,

the thing is a lot of programs construct curvature differently and it requires tweaking al of the time. You need to figure out how your program makes curvature and how it interpolates to build a surface(in case of subd's, usually is so). when you figure that out you can either make the right curves or step onto higher detail modelling, whichever you prefer.

cheers.

Diogenes
03-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Thank you. I know I need to work a lot at it. Someday I'll get it. :) Thank you for your help though.

arash
03-04-2005, 08:37 AM
There is a great dvd for modeling the entire human body.
See this thread, http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=186619

Diogenes
03-04-2005, 08:35 PM
That's some very cool stuff. Thank you so much. :D

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2005, 08:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.