PDA

View Full Version : is there a LW demo ?

unclebob
03-03-2005, 12:12 AM
I read the thread about the "upgrade" from another package and would like to try out the demo of LW before commiting. I went to NewTeks site and didn't see any demo, yet in the thread several people said to try the demo before buying. I even did an internet search for LW demo, so the question remains, is there a LW demo ?

thanks,
bob

markdc
03-03-2005, 12:23 AM
Someone from Newtek posted in the annoucement thread that you have to contact them to get them to send you a CD.

Kurtis
03-03-2005, 01:42 AM
unclebob,

If you contact our Customer Service department, they can send you a demo version of LightWave [8] on CD.

We are working on a downloadable demo that will be time-limited, rather than feature-limited, but I cannot give you an estimate on it's release at this time.

CB_3D
03-03-2005, 02:16 AM
Good move!

Exper
03-03-2005, 08:02 AM
I'll be a bit rude.... sorry!

At least they're working on a downloadable demo... but... they already said it some months ago. :banghead:

Is it so hard to produce a demo version?

How many potential users (every competitor has a downloadable demo) has NT lost during the last months?

OK... just stopping... I could be more fell... but I don't want!

fig
03-03-2005, 04:03 PM
random thought, but if you just download any of the updates and install and run it without a dongle won't it run in demo mode? not sure if those are available now without having an account with newtek tho.

chris

Exper
03-03-2005, 04:20 PM
LW8 updates are available only to registered users.

richcz3
03-03-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll be a bit rude.... sorry!

At least they're working on a downloadable demo... but... they already said it some months ago. :banghead:

Is it so hard to produce a demo version?

How many potential users (every competitor has a downloadable demo) has NT lost during the last months?

OK... just stopping... I could be more fell... but I don't want!
Actually that's not being rude. It underscores a glaring problem that defies explanation.
How many people have posted in this forum in the past few weeks asking about Lightwave features and then asking about a demo? For every person that asks there are quantifiable number of people who will just look elsewhere. Break the bean counters abacus and post a freakin demo already.

CB_3D
03-03-2005, 06:54 PM
Yep, easy to find Demo and Showreel with all the great stuff tha´s been done in LW. Sorely missing for YEARS.

unclebob
03-04-2005, 12:37 AM
thanks for the info. I'll contact NT for a demo disk.

regards,
bob

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2005, 12:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.