PDA

View Full Version : Chad Bonanno > 2004 Demo Reel <

Chad Bonanno
03-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Hello, My name is Chad Bonanno and I work as a Designer and Animator at the R!OTs Atlanta Studio. Please check out my 2004 Demo reel and let me know what you think. I will be releasing another in the next 2 months!

http://www.ona1r.com/betareel

Thanks!

wedefine
03-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Aarrgh. Just working on my showreel now and made the mistake of checking out the competition. Annoyingly awesome. :D

If I had any criticisms at all it would be that the quality seems to dip slightly towards the end, but I'm sure anyone will be sold by then.

Cheers

Paul.

tobiasth
03-03-2005, 04:13 PM
i like it very much! great job! :thumbsup:

mental
03-04-2005, 04:42 AM
Hey Chad,

Just a few points of critique:

1) The reel starts and ends without your name, phone number and e-mail. That should be the first and last thing an employer sees.

2) The selection of work should have been much tighter and the overall length could have been cut to a minute / minute and a half.

3) It felt like you included extra work solely for the purpose of ending the reel when the song ends.

---

I know that you're proud of your work but you have to be more critical of what you include on your demo tape. Remember that a reel is only as good as its weakest piece.

Specifically I would cut:

- MTV TRL wannabe
- the Adidas/Puma (?) shoe spot
- Death Heavy
- Red Pills / Blood Cells
- USA Channel Spot
- VH1
- Level of Confusion as well as that blue transition
- the 'Status' spot
- DJ / Danny Tenegalia spot
- USA Dolby Digital
- Darkness
- Native Network
- Sasha Digweed
- Birth ReBirth
- the GI Mix teapot thing
- purple I information
- Human experiment and the abstract piece following it
* the yummy text spot is rather slow in the beginning (speed wise)

hope that helps
-mental :surprised

Chad Bonanno
03-06-2005, 03:47 AM
Woah! What can i say guys! Thanks for the Comments. Mental ,especially to you, this really helps.!! I cant wait to show you my new reel coming soon. I thank you very much fpr the specifics!!

this makes me so stronger

Chad Bonanno
05-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I've updated my Reel to a 2005 WIP. Please make comments if you like or dislike.

THANKS

Chad Bonanno
R!OT Atlanta

toonpang
05-05-2005, 01:07 AM
Great work!!! Our studio has been looking at motion graphic artists lately and I can honestly say I'd hire you if I could.

-Kevin

sianto
05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Great work, Chad. Have seen it in XPLSV.tv before. Great text animations, like them a lot.:thumbsup:

Regards!

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2005, 02:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.