PDA

View Full Version : Cg Toolkit launches Muscle TK Gallery

SheepFactory
03-02-2005, 02:26 PM
http://www.cgtoolkit.net/gallery.htm

some very nice demonstrations of muscle TK in there.

andy_maxman
03-03-2005, 04:05 AM
wow! could really feel the skin stretch on the trex demo.....

Bulldog
03-03-2005, 04:56 AM
That is soo kick a**!

I might be ordering one soon , for the ones who are already using it , how do you guys like the plugin? Easy to setup?

kiaran
03-03-2005, 04:57 AM
These are really cool. That Walrus character is crazy!

We've got more demo's coming soon too. Should be fun to watch as people get familiar with muscleTK.

Maverick3d
03-03-2005, 05:03 AM
I was looking into buying this. Are there any good tutorials included? The documentation on the site is pretty sparse.

kiaran
03-03-2005, 05:22 AM
Are there any good tutorials included?

Upgrade your order from the muscleTK software alone ($99 USD) to the whole The Making of Leon DVD set and you'll get a DVD packed with tutorials plus a copy of muscleTK for ($149).

kursad_pileksuz
03-03-2005, 05:32 AM
muscle tk makes stuff likes this really easy to setup

LaVolpe
03-03-2005, 05:41 AM
yikes these are good! The T rex especially...Man this is gonna be scary when you guys figure out a real-time solution to this business for games...

Jozvex
03-03-2005, 06:13 AM
How's the Maya 6.5 version coming? eh???

hehe, :thumbsup:

Phattro
03-03-2005, 06:15 AM
some real cool stuff here!! I like the Walrus dude. the deformation is very nice.

Would love to see more of what people can do. imagine all kinda crazy creatures you can use this thing on. I am working on a project right now that can sure benefit from this kind of technology.

progerik
03-03-2005, 06:26 AM
How's the Maya 6.5 version coming? eh???

hehe, :thumbsup:

its available now, if you email support :)

Jozvex
03-03-2005, 06:44 AM
Well gosh darnit, I might just email them!

If only I'd thought of that. :argh:

progerik
03-03-2005, 06:56 AM
Well gosh darnit, I might just email them!

If only I'd thought of that. :argh:
hey hey !LOLOL :)

Maverick3d
03-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Upgrade your order from the muscleTK software alone ($99 USD) to the whole The Making of Leon DVD set and you'll get a DVD packed with tutorials plus a copy of muscleTK for ($149).

So I take it the answer is "no".

I'm not really interested in The Making of Leon. If I understand correctly, it involves physical sculpting and then acquireing the data via laser scanner. It's not of much use to myself or my students, as we don't have access to that kind of hardware.

So the only reason I'd be buying the DVDs is for the muscle chapter. After that I'd have a dozen or so $150 dust collectors.

SheepFactory
03-03-2005, 02:27 PM
So I take it the answer is "no".

I'm not really interested in The Making of Leon. If I understand correctly, it involves physical sculpting and then acquireing the data via laser scanner. It's not of much use to myself or my students, as we don't have access to that kind of hardware.

So the only reason I'd be buying the DVDs is for the muscle chapter. After that I'd have a dozen or so $150 dust collectors.

No the DVD's also cover how to rig leon from start to finish , how to lay out the uv maps and texture him (an excellent chapter i might add) , how to model leon on top of scanned geometry and various muscle tk videos. Hardly a dust collector.

jmBoekestein
03-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Now my recent financial setback can be officialy declared a blow in the face:rolleyes: !

I'm going upstairs now and sulk.:sad:

Really cool stuff!!! I've been watching since it got released, and it's living up to my expectations more than enough, especially compared to other tools and plugs like ACT.

WOW.

kiaran
03-03-2005, 07:31 PM
It's not of much use to myself or my students.

On the contrary, that's who it was designed for. ;)

Here is a list of all the topics covered:

http://www.cgtoolkit.com/preview/dvdthree.htm
http://www.cgtoolkit.com/preview/dvdtwo.htm

jmBoekestein
03-03-2005, 11:24 PM
:drool:

must put words now

What's your opinion on blendshapes as opposed to fullblown muscle rigs for animation Kiaran? I think filesizes and "subjective" animation go right out the door with a good musclerig! I always hope to be rid of moving individual vertices with musclerigs, will that happen?

morimitsu
03-03-2005, 11:32 PM
OMG, I need to get this!!!
It's soooo cheap, if you consider the DVDs!!!

kiaran
03-04-2005, 03:20 AM
What's your opinion on blendshapes as opposed to fullblown muscle rigs for animation Kiaran?

There is no doubt in my mind, muscle rigs are the future of creature deformations. That being said, it is still important to know the 'traditional' methods involving blendshapes, pose space deformation and influence objects. Muscle Rigs are still not really capable of being used on non-realisitic creatures. At least not in a fully controllable manner like PSD. There are needs for both methods in my opinion. That is why this DVD set covers other techniques.

Honestly, people seem to be really loving these tutorials and muscleTK. We at CGToolkit have put countless hours into researching and conveying the material in the best possible way. I don't want to sound preachy or biased but this DVD set will not disapoint you. If you don't take my word for it, consider that the march edition of 3d World magazine has rated it 9/10!

MCronin
03-04-2005, 03:53 AM
There is no doubt in my mind, muscle rigs are the future of creature deformations. That being said, it is still important to know the 'traditional' methods involving blendshapes, pose space deformation and influence objects. Muscle Rigs are still not really capable of being used on non-realisitic creatures. At least not in a fully controllable manner like PSD.

Can you provide an example of non-realistic creature you feel does not lend itself to muscle rigs?

hanger102
03-04-2005, 04:19 AM
anyone else getting an error when trying to install the 6.5 version?:sad:

M.E.L.
03-04-2005, 05:23 AM
Can you provide an example of non-realistic creature you feel does not lend itself to muscle rigs?

Probably wouldn't want to go and use MuscleTK on a character made entirely of cubes or a very slim cartoony character ;)

As a side note, for anyone looking/pondering purchasing MuscleTK I can highly suggest the material provided in the DVD set from a production standpoint. I've been lucky enough to talk closely with Kiaran and Karim themselves, following the development of MuscleTK and I must say...for ANYONE looking at the Character/Creature TD aspect of this industry, I highly suggest grabbing the DVD set.

As per your question about usefulness in a classroom Maverick, the sculpting bit is really only one dvd, the other covers setup of a creature such as Leon from the start right through to finish in a very thorough and organized fashion. I have suggested material like this to many people I have taught or students that I have helped with Rigging & Setup, haven't had any complaints yet :)

I look forward to seeing more stuff come from CGToolkit :thumbsup:

jmBoekestein
03-04-2005, 11:04 AM
Thanks Kiaran,

it hadn't yet occured to me about the unrealistic characters, at least I won't have to worry about that because I'll rarely go for extreme unrealism. Cant wait to get my hands on the material!

Jigglyspider
04-01-2005, 07:43 PM
Amazing! I'm really impressed with this stuff.

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2005, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.