PDA

View Full Version : Which codec gives the best compression

m2cool
03-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Hey guys

Was just rendering my show reel and am having compression problems. i rendered a view made in max which had lights and stuff uncompressed. when i brought it into AE 6 and then worked on it and am rendering am geting small rings of colours and distortion. i used divx 5.2, xvid, and other codec but all have the same problem. which codec will give me the best result and a small file.

Help me out guys.

CD

Shinjipierre
03-02-2005, 11:21 AM
xvid is still the best out there.

You could try nero digital too....

You only need to learn how to encode with these codecs

klingspor
03-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Sorenson 3 included with Quicktime is usually a good bet... I used it on my demo reel recently and was stunned by the results!

gsuhy
03-10-2005, 02:10 AM
Get ahold of Sorenson Squeeze. It's really easy to use and has
various settings - even 2-pass vbr. The thing that saved the most
space on my video clips was sound. It will use .mp3 or .mp4 files
which really save space. For websites you can use the "progressive"
settings which will allow your movies to start playing even before
they've finished. For a demo reel I would use something
that most people (and future employers) already have in their
web browsers and that would most likely be Qucktime...
When you start getting into Xivx, Divx... visxv x vixv
and the rest, a person viewing your reel may not want to spend the
time to download a non standard codec.

Papigiulio
03-10-2005, 10:55 AM
whoops didn't see this thread, altho mine is more for suggestions and tips. Ive tried rendering my movie in sorenson 3 and the filesize was tooo big.

Dean Avanti
05-08-2005, 10:12 PM
but how do you use auido codecs with AFX, you can render using quicktime format but you cannot use sound compression -

When i want to render a movie in AE although I can choose a codec for the video (quicktime etc) I cannot choose one for the audio, the button is inactive although I have some codecs already installed. Does anybody know how I can fix that?

Mylenium
05-09-2005, 09:55 AM
but how do you use auido codecs with AFX, you can render using quicktime format but you cannot use sound compression -

When i want to render a movie in AE although I can choose a codec for the video (quicktime etc) I cannot choose one for the audio, the button is inactive although I have some codecs already installed. Does anybody know how I can fix that?

See the other thread.

Mylenium

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2005, 09:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.