PDA

View Full Version : How to reverse a shatter effect

Digiboy
03-02-2005, 12:56 AM
I'll tried to make a text shatter, but I want to reverse the effect.
The effect is now like ; Text > Explode. But I want to have it like a implosion.

How can I reversie a shatter effect?

I've got also another problem. I can't make the shatter start when I want to. It start shattering at the first frame of my composition. How can I make a "key" for it?

Greetz

Paulumbo
03-02-2005, 07:37 AM
Create a new composition, pull the composition with the text shatter into it, select the text shatter composition on the timeline select Layer > Time Stretch > enter -100% in the dialog box. The layer will have red lines all over it (this is normal).

To get the shatter to begin where you want just trim the layer and move it to where you want on the timeline.

Khalor
03-02-2005, 07:45 AM
If you want the layer to start fixed, then 'explode' inwards, as opposed to reassembling, apply the shatter effect to the layer. Then change the layer to a 3d layer, and insert a camera. Then, in the shatter settings, select it to use 'Comp camera' or 'Camera 1'. Then in the 3d postion data of your shatter layer, rotate it around so it explodes the other way.

Hope it helps,
Khalor

Ian Jones
03-02-2005, 12:23 PM
Khalor, it's been a while since I've used shatter but I thought you could just get that by changeing the direction of the shatter force?

Digiboy
03-02-2005, 01:35 PM
Thanks for replaying everyone!!!

2>Ian Jones (http://www.cgtalk.com/member.php?u=12244) vbmenu_register("postmenu_2013231", true);

How can I do that?

Khalor
03-02-2005, 05:45 PM
I've tried just changing the force, but it doesn't seem to work as intended in 5.5.
Oh well.

Ian Jones
03-02-2005, 10:02 PM
What? I don't understand your question Digiboy.

Digiboy
03-04-2005, 09:20 PM
I've done it!!!

I've just found out that if I click on the layer that I want to reverse and press ctrl + alt + R that it will reverse!!!

Thanks everybody for replaying me!!!

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2005, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.