PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle: Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX

Por@szek
03-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Hi.
Long time out of threads here.
This is model I'm working now, and it's still WIp, it needs finish the texture, some dirt and more scraths, make a spec. and bump maps.
I have a problem with alpha. From short distance, looks good, from far, You can see all white part of texture. In 3dmax materials: color-psd, opacity:alpha on tga 32 bit channel.
I hav't ever that time of problem so I'm a bit mindless. If You could help me it would be great.
Soon I'll post a finished model.
Take care
Ps/ I forgot. Texture is 2x1024 and polies are 2656.

DeathTrip
03-02-2005, 12:58 AM
Your pic isnt showing.:shrug:

Por@szek
03-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes sorry, I cannot get into my serv, so I was making a space on the attachment to cgtalk serv. Now it should works.

Ceccotti
03-02-2005, 03:21 AM
The model is very nice, the skin is bland and lifeless. Work on the texture a bit more and make it somthing other then colours start burning in light and shadows and details.

snovak
03-02-2005, 03:37 AM
I would also suggest you loosen up on the textures a bit. They are awefully clean. Do you have a wacom tablet? For texture painting they are a must IMO. It really enables for spontaneity with texture art.

Por@szek
03-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Hi all.
Thanks for opinions, but then not about this I thinking. About texture I knew, especially, becouse this was, in first step of painting. Here is final version of color. More will be specular and bump. But tommorow.
Any suggestions about the texture??Waiting for replies.
And the problem with alpha is still not solved. I will also need some help.As I told, tga32bit is a color(finally) with alpha,texture 2x1024.

Por@szek
03-02-2005, 07:48 PM
And few more...

Por@szek
03-03-2005, 10:36 AM
Hmm , no crits?? Is it too bad??
I finish it few whiles ago,o this is the final version with spec and bump.
Some crits will be really helpfull
Enjoy.

snovak
03-03-2005, 02:20 PM
She looks good. She still looks like it's fresh out of the paint shop. You've done a marvelous job with some of the subtleties in the paint color. If you're going for realistic, I only mean this in a constructive way, I'm not convinced. It still looks like a well painted model airplane. I think the typical dilema of CG is everything looks so damn clean. Add more grit, a used look "like it has seen it's share of dog fights". That will help bring it more into a believable situation. For instance, those engines were often hand tuned. So, I could only imagine that some of them ran rich, or maybe burned a little oil, or both which would leave a darker streak from behind the exhaust. Collect some more dirt or gas stains or something around the places where geometry meets. Some scrapes. Ummm.. you probably get the idea. Good job!

Por@szek
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks man for crit. I've got an idea, but when You first time saw this model I had problem with alpha, which never earlier met me. So the texture was in the fase of "cleaning":). In cg especially in low poly, when some one try the realistic objects its hard to feel when is good and when is to little dirt, scars, "explosions". This is my first full hand painted model, so the realism , or photo realism was enough.Its very easy from photos, when you got one. I take Your advice to heart and in next model I shall use it. With what finish, I hope You'll see. Soon I'll create a new thread, or refresh old one. I don't decieded yet, I making two objects in the same time.
Take care.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2005, 09:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.