PDA

View Full Version : AE 3d camera point of intrest/position question

Shayder
03-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Is there a way to parent the point of interest values to the corresponding values under position?

When I do my camera moves it would be easier to just adjust the one set of values. Most of the time I need the flat straight on view and it would save tonnes of time.

Thanks!

Paulumbo
03-02-2005, 08:26 AM
You can turn the point of interest off. right click camera layer, Transform > Auto Orient > Select off in the dialog box. Or keyboard shortcut ctrl alt o

Ian Jones
03-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Turning off the POI is obviously the best solution for you, but in other cases yes you can parent the point of interest to objects, using expressions, you enable it for the POI and pickwhip the values to the values of another 3d point / object. Or if that doesnt work the script is quite easy to type manually.

Shayder
03-02-2005, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the reply guys! I will try the turning it off as I don't have a clue about expressions in AE. I should really learn those I guess.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.