PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft to Enter the Sports Gaming Market

RobertoOrtiz
03-01-2005, 08:36 PM
Quote:
"This morning Ubisoft announced that it will be developing a series of sports titles, making its debut as a publisher of sports videogames. Its entrance will be propelled by several worldwide licensing agreements and acquisitions. Ubisoft has signed an exclusive license with Vijay Singh, the No. 1 ranked golfer in the world, to produce a Vijay Singh-titled golf game. The company has also acquired the sports assets from Microsoft Game Studios. Ubisoft also announced that it has acquired the technology, tools and source code shipped in Microsoft Game Studios team sports games, including NHL Rivals, NFL Fever, NBA Inside Drive and MLB Inside Pitch. Take that EA.
This strategic move expands the breadth of Ubisoft’s increasingly diverse catalogue, extending the company’s reach into the full spectrum of game categories, from the tactical first person shooter genre to children’s titles, from strategy to stealth action and now sports. "

>>Link<< (http://etoychest.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=662&Itemid=2)

-R

percydaman
03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
sounds good, though Im afraid Vijay Singh isn't a particularly popular golfer with the fans. Seems he's a little too frank and vocal with his opinions.

t-man152
03-02-2005, 12:40 AM
more than that I dont think he is popular with fans who dont know about golf. I mean I was never really interested in golf players but I knew who tiger was and if I had to choose a golf game (assuming I dont prefer one of the company or disslike a certain company) I would choose a game with name I reconize like Tiger Woods golfing (which I assume only EA can make.)

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.