PDA

View Full Version : Import Sequence Problem Need Help Badly

tom.lowe
03-01-2005, 04:06 PM
This has been a problem for so long that it is just not funny anymore, why can After Effects not import my 800 image Targa Sequence. I can import sequences up to around 100-200 image sequences but when I want to import bigger sequences After Effects just does nothing.

I go to import the file select the first image click sequence then select all the frames I need and select import and After Effects just closes the box and does nothing. No error message No warning not even a attempt to import the file just complete silence like I have not asked it to do something.

I have looked around the help files and in the preferences but canít seem to solve the problem.

Can anyone help?

roguenroll
03-01-2005, 06:33 PM
not sure, but You probably can see the long work around, split the files into 200
and bring in 5 times.

Might want to do a search of the problem in adobe.com AE forum. I usually do that for problems, and see if its me or everybody.

XanderFX
03-02-2005, 03:56 AM
I go to import the file select the first image click sequence then select all the frames I need and select import and After Effects just closes the box and does nothing.

Thats your problem as long as they are sequentially numbered you only need to select the first image in the sequence, then select the filetype .tga and then click the box at the bottom that says .tga sequence. You should be good to go. I import several thousand frame renders all the time in .iff no problem.

roguenroll
03-02-2005, 06:15 AM
yep thats sounds right, in a sequence you only have to select the first one, then on that dialog box below that, see the other options, add sequence or force sequencial (don't have AE open now)

tom.lowe
03-02-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks for all your help.

XanderFX - that solved it so now i can get some sleep.

I don't know what this says about me but I always find the easy tasks the hardest to solve, anyways thanks for all your help really appreciated.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.