PDA

View Full Version : Scaling and adjust a completed rig..

MCage
03-01-2005, 03:10 PM
Hi all, if i made one complete rig for my character, completed with ik/fk foot/arms spine.. everyting, and i want to reuse this rig for another character with others proportions, and i need to scale and adjust the bones to fit the new character, is possible to do??

jgibz
03-02-2005, 09:16 PM
You might be able to get away with retranslating some of the bones, It seems risky, probably not without the use of scripting. You may want to just remake the rig. good practice eh?:)

Also buy a book on MEL scripting and start writing scripts that create rigs for you?
well thats what I wanna do :)

Andrei2k
03-03-2005, 06:23 AM
You can probably get away with a uniform scale by parenting highest node in hierarchy to a locator and scaling the locator up. This depends on what you have in your rig though, only a test will tell.

If you want to non-uniformly re-scale seperate branches of your hierarchy (if you have seperate branches) youll have to disconnect from hierarchy and if your orientations are correct translate the axis that the bones point in. By default the X. That translation can only be done in that axis for resizing and dont scale or rotate or youll run into issues.

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2005, 06:23 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.