PDA

View Full Version : how is this done?

camnaron
03-01-2005, 10:46 AM
ok now im trying to add the goggles to my head i made for my WIP but im not sure how to go about doing that... right now i have them just sticking though the face.... i guess what im asking is this how its done or should i be trying to merge points or something?

any help you guys and ladies can give me on how they do this in the industry would be WONDERFUL! :)

Camnaron

Ibah
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
i know the sub-d thread will probably have all your answers.. so look that up . .go to search, it will learn you all about modelling, how to get it done what you want now.

but do you want your lenzez to stick on the helmet? do you want 1 solid object? do they have to be part of each other, if so you will have to model a hole, in the base of the helmet.. and attach the tubes there.. literally model it all.

but look at that thread, and tell me what you want exactly, ill wip up an example when i have the time. thats probably tomorrow. dont have time at the moment.

just try to model a cylinder to a sphere primative.. wled them together, youll get the picture when you achieve that, how that can be done is in that thread also.

good luck

camnaron
03-02-2005, 12:55 AM
ok ill write my question because i think i wasnt very clear on my question but that was my fault... :)

ok what im asking is the head of my charactor is a single object but i want to add those 3 cylinders to it because lets face it he is blind with out them :)... i just wanted to know how i should add them to my helmet? should i just butt goggles to helmet so its pretty seemless? should i have the goggles intersecting the object? or should i be trying to weld everything together?

FYI im a Lightwave user

polygun
03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
First thing I would do is look at real-world examples. They probably screw into the helmet with rivets or something. If you look at real photos of a similar object, you'd have your answer

Vertizor
03-02-2005, 04:52 AM
Keeping them seperate from other mesh objects would make it easier to apply material/textures. Keep that in mind. If you weld everything together as one single object (object in the sense of LW object) then it can get tricky later on.

I never animated with LW, but if it's possible to "parent" one object to another (move the parent, the child follows) then there's no reason why you can't just keep them seperate.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.