PDA

View Full Version : Lazy bloke

Finkster
02-12-2002, 12:49 AM
This here fella is my first effort at digital painting, so please send any tips my way if you feel like it. Does it need a background? Done mostly with airbrush.

http://home.earthlink.net/~emol/images/guyinhat.jpg

ime
02-12-2002, 07:30 PM
very good for the first one...!!
i like that it's so clean..
though you seem to have problems with anatomy
you should start with some basic lines rough but correct

also white isn't good background to start drawing on IMHO
some simple 2colour gradient background would be perfect for the beginning... and you can pick all the colours you need from the gradient
something like that but i didn't use any reference so still ear is kinda off...
http://www.hot.ee/labetski/img/guyinhat.jpg
and that just my idea of how should i have to begin... i didn't so progress was kindof slow in the beginning.
don't take it as an only way... no way

Finkster
02-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the tips and great work! I wasn't trying to be too anatomically correct though, I was going for a sort of cartoonish look. Don't know if it worked right.

clifford
02-12-2002, 09:15 PM
Looks more like a kid book illustration to me than like a cartoon ... am I right ?

Superb work both of you :)

Cliff.

marioucci
02-12-2002, 09:36 PM
hey finkster,
anatomy accuracy is good.
but the style u got in that image (intentionally or not) is great!!!!
theres two ways IMO to draw:
one is where u are the master of your line. it goes wherever you want it to.and you are aware of it!
the other way is to let something inside you lead the lines and then you have some unexpected but extremely original work.
Picasso used to say that he had to unlearn how to draw to be able to draw like a child would, cos there lies the true essence of him..
i believe in both methods, but the second one always move me in some strange way:)
i like your image a lot.

ps. IME, you already know what i think about your work.
another beautiful image here.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.